• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you enjoy afternoon napping?

Napping?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I wish I could.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No thanks.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
I was actually going back to bed some afternoons due to having fatigue from harsh medication. But it's finished now and I haven't done that recently. But sometimes I do that anyway. I can still sometimes doze off after a meal though. I do stay up late and/or wake for a while sometimes that probably contributes.

Why do you ask?

Being retired, time has become more-or-less meaningless to me. If I did not have that light/dark thing bothering me, I would be quite happy, Thing is, I sleep whenever! Even before retirement, I would micro-nap at my desk (hey, I never claimed I had an exciting job ;)). I have been on this forum at all hours. I get plenty of sleep, it is just that the total accumulation of unconsciousness is no longer sequential.

This from someone who would sleep eleven hours straight on a Saturday or Sunday when I was a teen.

My brain has the 'I might miss something" mode. Probably wouldn't be inaccurate to call it hypervigilence because if there are other people awake and in the vicinity, I might be still or quiet, but I will not doze off, even on long car trips.

If I do fall asleep during the day it is a major red flag that something is wrong. For something to override my conscious control, it has to be significant (illness or a system malfunction e.g. my hemoglobin dropping below 6.)

Sleep is not something I do well or with any level of predictability. Despite that, I am very much a morning person, but wilt pretty quickly after 6pm. I don't go to sleep, but I definitely don't want to interact or do anything beyond reading or taking the dog for a walk.

I fall asleep randomly (on the couch or in bed) if I'm exhausted enough lol. I did today!
I usually finish up working (aside from the boarding dogs) around 8 or 9pm most days, and sometimes I just knock out after that lol.

But my sleep schedule is extremely irregular due to PTSD and anxiety so it's never certain if I'll fall asleep during the day, at night, or early in the morning. I do enjoy sleep though, if I'm not plagued with night terrors. Which is one of the reasons I like to sleep during the day if I can.

Afternoon naps always have me waking up confused and with the worst sleep hangover, so I avoid them.

Sleep interruption, PTSD dreams that wake me up, things that are to be done at
appointed times and being retired all add up to a sleep when I can mindset.
I've had a lot of practice at working different hours when I did work.
So, it's the norm for me.

No rules on this one. If there is nothing in my way, I sleep when I'm sleepy,
and do what I want when I'm not.

While I am not at the official retirement age, I consider myself retired.
One of the benefits is to rest any bloody time I like, and I find that enormously satisfying. <imagine a smug broad smile>

Especially on a cold rainy winter's day, it is pure heaven to open the bedroom window to listen to the rain and feel the cool breeze while under a warm doona.

I don't "nap".
I simply rest and enjoy the experience, usually with my loyal K9 friend next to me.
Others are welcome to join me, but a reservation is a necessity. ;)

I tend to fall asleep in the afternoon when I sit down. Like, reading a book on the sofa will end up with me falling asleep. I have a sleepy phase around 3 to 4 pm.
I'm at my most energetic in the evening until midnight.
At least that's what happens when I don't work or have to wake up early, I always go back to this rhythm...

I often do, especially after supper or after taking a bath. The only problem are those stupid motorcycles that go by every two minutes. I find even earplugs don't block out the noise well and are too uncomfortable.

New Threads

Top Bottom