• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do Phoenix Wright games soundtracks contain Binaural beats/isochronic tones?

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I'm something of a fan of the Phoenix Wright games for several reasons, one because I used to imagine myself as a lawyer when I was younger before realizing that I'd probably be a terrible one because I'm really bad at debate, and also because when I finally DID play the Ace Attorney games I realized how well written and presented they were. The anime art style got me immediately, and I LOVE visual novels so Phoenix Wright's game engine of a visual novel combined with something like a puzzle game had me HOOKED and felt VERY satisfying to use visual novel controls to send criminals down the river in the courtroom, but the MUSIC. The MUSIC. EVERYTHING IN THE OST sounds like it was made by Japanese angels; catching a perp in their own lies and contradictions causes Pursuit ~ Cornered to blare through the DS speakers and just had the energy of "nice shot dude, now you're guaranteed to win this case, all you gotta do is read the dialogue and see what the verdict is", like you've been fighting a dragon this whole time and you finally managed to slip through his patterns and get your sword RIGHT in that glaring red spot on his neck.

Then there's Miles Edgeworth's parts and his job is usually to solve puzzles on the touch screen (ARRRGH THAT F[BLEEP]ING VASE PUZZLE!!) to make use of detective skills at the scene of the crime. Logic and Tricks plays here and I noticed that the BPM combined with the melody of the music sounded nearly perfect for the process of deep thinking and concentration....

It's almost making me think that the developers WANTED people who play these games to be able to focus and concentrate during the game because it deals with being a lawyer and a detective, both jobs that require years of experience and the ability to think like a chess computer almost always. Think about it, if the whole game simply played without any music and you were solving cases in a silent backdrop, maybe some people would be able to focus better but uh... I don't think I would, heh.

What yall make of this? I could be wrong about this, but it just something that made me think.

New Threads

Top Bottom