• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do most Aspies live in the moment?

in my particular case.. you nailed the wording.. "trouble remembering". as others have mentioned.. i like to plan, it will drive me nuts throughout the day if i dont know what is going to happen. whether it's an important event or simply doing errands.. i need to know where, what i'm getting, what time i'm going, and an idea on when i will be back which i can figure out by knowing what i'll be doing (if i have a long list of errands.. i can figure it's about 2hrs for them and go by that).. as far as living in the moment, i'm not sure if that's the wording i would use for myself. i exist in the moment.. i like to plan out the day, maybe the next day if i can.. but i can't remember far enough past that to plan further. basically my memory works as such... when i wake up i need to know if i'm having breakfast and what i'm having before i even get out of bed.. but if i forgot to shower lastnight and can't find my socks.. by the time i shower, find my socks, and get dressed... i most likely forgot i'm hungry and that i wanted breakfast. so all my planning is out the window and it seems like it's more of a fully unplanned "spur of the moment" type of thing
i do have life goals.. although i dont know how to go about many of them.. but there are future plans and in the back of my mind i'll keep planning around those. for example.. i dont have kids, may never have kids.. but i wanted to when i was younger (kind of giving up on things now.. so i'm trying to fix that) but eventhough i dont have a girlfriend or a friend that's a girl or a female interest even.. i randomly keep working on what i would do with my kid. whether it be hanging out, helping with school, helping with problems... if they're like me, how can i help them grow up better than i did.. if they're "normal" then would i even be able to help with anything or would my advice just confuse them... and it spirals forever.

New Threads

Top Bottom