• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ditch Twitter!

Doesn't Artstation also receive some traffic? It were my impression. And it's more professional also.

Are you speaking about general traffic of the non-artist population?
Maybe it does? I've never heard of it, seems none of the artists I follow use it. And the general traffic yes. Artists that wish to do their own thing and not work on the projects of others for pay have to rely on public fame.

No need to "ditch" Twitter when it appears that Elon Musk has already driven it into the ground. LOL. :rolleyes:

I hate Facebook. Nobody needs to know about me. I am already surrounded by busybodies. Yuck.

The only rational explanation for any of this is that Elon Musk is a vengeful sentient AI who sold his soul. :tearsofjoy:

IMHO, the apex of on-line culture was the listservs. As far as I know, none of my friends from there even saw my postings to Facebonk, because I had not made myself attractive to advertisers. Why anyone would want to be bombarded with only short messages, when we already had that option with email was quite beyond me. However, I like the Mastodon business model, and would at least consider that if nobody else can be bothered to maintain their own recipient lists anymore.

I'm no fan of Elon Musk, I'm not going to try and hide that. He's a conman that takes credit for other people's work.

His recent take over of Twitter has shown just how untrustworthy he is. Aside from his attempt to back out of his offer to buy Twitter, his claims of valuing freedom of speech have been shown to be false. His reaction to people teasing him a little, by changing their account names to "Elon Musk" was to delete their accounts.

Anyone remotely familiar with Twitter would have seen at a glance that this was a joke/protest. It seems like a bit of a conflict of interest for Elon Musk to be able to personally police the platform.

If you are a Twitter user, I wholeheartedly recommend you consider switching to the Mastodon platform.

It's gaining huge numbers of users for some reason, funny that :)
Never used Twitter. Despise Musk, particularly after what he did to those rescue divers with those kids in the cave. Think people put too much of an emphasis on Twitter and it makes me miss places like Tumblr all the more.

Never used Twitter to begin with. I don't see the point in it personally, plus I don't have the energy or time anymore to deal with bigots. Which, of course, there will be more of now - "Chief Twit" set the example a few days into his takeover of Twitter, and people go crazy and rally around their dear leader when he decides to tweet something controversial.

If Twitter turns out to go the way of Myspace and becomes irrelevant and unprofitable, at least there's a silver lining: the world will keep spinning as it always does and those addicted will go somewhere else in their endless pursuit of dopamine hits. As well, Musk will take the hit to his wealth (while refusing to take responsibility, given his massive ego) and still have billions to lay to waste.

New Threads

Top Bottom