• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ditch Twitter!

I'd never heard of the "Dead Internet Theory" until you just posted about it. I Googled and skimmed an article. It seems some people who believe this theory to be true go as far as to believe that actors, politicians, etc on TV are or can be deep fake CGI? I don't believe that.

It depends on just which one you're reading about.

Some variations on the idea are a bit more... sane, while others are like "HOLY CRAP BASKETS, SKYNET RULES THE WEB"

It's one of those concepts that got onto the internet, and of course lots of people took the original idea and ran off with it in all sorts of directions and some of them ran straight off a cliff.

I still remember all the hysteria when the mouse was first invented. Huge rants and raves about people being able to drag and drop files by accident.

"Remember, the first point and click interface was developed by Smith & Wesson."

Never did Twitter. Same reason as I never did Facebook either. This forum is about as "social" as my media goes.

I'm suspecting everything Twitter will come back to haunt Elon Musk personally and professionally. A bad acquisition, whether his ego comes to terms with this or not.

If NASA should eventually turn its back on SpaceX, we'll know why.

Twitter sucks. Most social media sucks. Go outside and touch grass instead. There is more education to be found in going to a coffee shop and watching people than there is on social media. Turn off your damn cell phone for a few minutes and enjoy life. Brains were made to appreciate the world, not to stare at manufacture outrage on a tiny screen.

I like elon musk, but buying twitter was definitely a bad business move. He has taken a hard stance against impersonation and he is sticking to it, people are testing him by changing their names to elon musk so they can get banned and have more fuel to deride him, they got what they wanted. Lots of people don't like elon musk and are now throwing some kind-of temper tantrum.

Last edited:
Replace the “i” in Twitter with an “a”, and the name suddenly becomes more accurate.

I have a very low opinion of Twitter.

He is what he is. No one gets to be the world's richest man by accident.

On the topic of free speech, physically i have never been in a place where i was allowed to freely discuss any topics (legal topics) without social repercussion. I don't mean repercussions in the sense of people providing valid counter arguments and me looking like a fool (which does happen sometimes), but more so having your character attacked, being ignored, outcasted, people sabotaging the conversation etc. Even if twitter could have pure free speech policy that doesn't mean the majority of people won't be unreasonably hostile to certain opinions to the degree that you wouldn't want to use it anyway. It can be free speech by definition, that doesn't mean it's going to be become a valuable platform where you can have good discussions people. I think that if you observed human communication objectively you wouldn't come to the conclusion that we even want free speech anyway.

Last edited:
Facebook was the most draining and daunting experience I have ever had. Like being in a large crowd of people . But constantly trying to make sense of all the nonsense. 99% is emotional and misinformation. 1% is educational.

Never had twitter, I suspect it is just as bad if not worse

Facebook was the most draining and daunting experience I have ever had. Like being in a large crowd of people . But constantly trying to make sense of all the nonsense. 99% is emotional and misinformation. 1% is educational.

Never had twitter, I suspect it is just as bad if not worse
Never ever join Twitter. Please don’t.

On the topic of free speech, physically i have never been in a place where i was allowed to freely discuss any topics (legal topics) without social repercussion. I don't mean repercussions in the sense of people providing valid counter arguments and me looking like a fool (which does happen sometimes), but more so having your character attacked, being ignored, outcasted, people sabotaging the conversation etc. Even if twitter could have pure free speech policy that doesn't mean the majority of people won't be unreasonably hostile to certain opinions to the degree that you wouldn't want to use it anyway. It can be free speech by definition, that doesn't mean it's going to be become a valuable platform where you can have good discussions people. I think that if you observed human communication objectively you wouldn't come to the conclusion that we even want free speech anyway.
I may kinda get what you mean, I have found myself being accused of endorsing a situation that I find difficult to support or outright dislike morally, but have pointed out is not illegal.

There's lots of things like this that we may find repugnant morally but are allowed by law.

But I find that because people believe it should be illegal they assert that it is because it goes against their (and actually often my own) subjective point of view.

I've been accused of being in support of things that I'm not because I simply recognise that the law permits it.

I guess people confuse their emotions with legality. They don't see that what's legal isn't always considered morally right and vice versa.

He is what he is. No one gets to be the world's richest man by accident.

It helped that he was born into an extremely wealthy family. He is a South African who moved to Canada at age 17. I'd like to know his current net worth after buying Twitter and selling off a chunk of Tesla stock. He may no longer be the world's richest man.

It helped that he was born into an extremely wealthy family. He is a South African who moved to Canada at age 17. I'd like to know his current net worth after buying Twitter and selling off a chunk of Tesla stock. He may no longer be the world's richest man.
It would be interesting, I believe his net worth has now dropped by a third.

But still, as the son of a man who owned a diamond mine, he's done awfully well despite such a setback. :joycat:

I signed up for twitter a few years ago and seemingly got banned for using a VPN... so I was quick to just leave. Instagram was pretty much the same issue (I know it's not Musk related, but it's related in my brain at the very least), but I tried to hang on to my accounts for a while because I developed a little bit of a following there. Strangely though, I can't even access my accounts there anymore, either, so I don't know what happened. Bye-bye followers, I guess.

Honestly, I'd rather just be a part of (and post art in) a community without bots and with cool people instead. Like, here. Social media all seems like a racket to get the most attention possible, 'clout-chasing' and competing against others. That 'goes against my religion', so to speak.

Twitter for the longest time has been the only half-decent artist portfolio vessel that actually sees traffic so until an alternative is provided that actually has a userbase so artists can be seen and get paid I won't fully abandon it.
Doesn't Artstation also receive some traffic? It were my impression. And it's more professional also.

Are you speaking about general traffic of the non-artist population?

New Threads

Top Bottom