• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Discussion on Autism and my divorce - can be painful to read

William Weiler

Ad Astra
I can come across as childish and as unemotional with a flat affect. My first impression is typically bad. Then, over time my kindness and my true nature comes through. I have been told by people that they thought I was as asshole when they met me, but now see different. I have a strong sense of fun, but people see some situations as serious and I have to remember not to joke about it. (But at work, I remind people not to be too serious and to have fun, and increases productivity). In court, the judge doesn't have time to get to know me, and will go by first impressions. I just got a call from DCSS yesterday notifying me my ex is seeking more money. DCSS said this is a formality. My ex has a shopping addiction and this has been a consistent problem. That is why I divorced her. But knowing her, this is one of the steps in the process, and she has already submitted her motion and I will get served soon. She is an addict in this process. She will say whatever she has to to get the money and will involve our son. The judge has never seen my assertion about her addiction as credible and simply follows norms. I already pay her $1k for child support and $1k for child care to her parents. Her parents enable her and let her take the child care. I wanted to try and find a way to be more credible. Obviously, I am doing many others things that have larger impact. I have a happy life. My son and I have a blast and I enjoy my work. But I have this too, and I want to do what I can to make it better for myself and my son.

Last edited:
I'm sorry this is tough. I think they work it out according to your income, not on how you look. It's good that you are able to be there for your son, and he will appreciate you and have great times with you to remember. Do you get to see him as much as you would like?

I'm sorry this is tough. I think they work it out according to your income, not on how you look. It's good that you are able to be there for your son, and he will appreciate you and have great times with you to remember. Do you get to see him as much as you would like?

Hire a lawyer.

I don't know where you are located, but increased child support where I live requires a material change in circumstances from what existed at the time of the divorce, custodial parent's financial need, and non-custodial parent's ability to pay. What change in circumstances has occurred since your divorce?

New Threads

Top Bottom