• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Did someone say Particle Physics and Quantum mechanics!?

Deno

Hi, I like to be called Deno [Pronunciation: D-No], although this is not my real name. I am very short-spoken on topics of little or no interest so I will most likely keep my 'autobiography' short (EDIT: I guess I wanted to tell my story more than I thought, Apologies). My Obsession is understanding how things work. The most complex things to explain are the universe and consciousness. So naturally my subjects of interest are physics, and neurology. Since my point of interest is understanding how things work, and since I have never felt as though I fit in, I was lead on a path to explain why I am different (Which spurred my initial interest in Neurology).

I grew up feeling completely different, no more than a single day has gone by where I'v felt like an outsider. People don't understand me, and it has been growing more evident in the past while. It's been driving me crazy. Part of me wants to be social and interact with people but due to a lack of understanding (probably due to how Aspie's consciousness seems to differ from the Neuro-typical members of society[I will write on this]). After watching a couple videos of Jacob Barnett on Youtube, I now feel as though he makes more sense to me than anyone I have ever heard in my entire life. He was diagnosed with Asperger's. Not having a full understanding of what it is, I decided to research it a bit. As I was reading common traits and blogs, everything fell in to place. Perfectly. This was about three days ago. I now believe I understand why I have felt so out of place my whole life. Also thanks to Jacob, I'v realised how much time I have been wasting with things that I'm not really interested in. I'm interested in Physics and Math and thats what I'm going to spend my time working on! I don't need people telling me that I need to do a variety of activities like sports, social activities, party, ect. Just like everyone else I have a unique combination of skill sets and I've decided to use them to my advantage and work on them instead of pushing myself to be socially active like others causing fear, anxiety, stress, and depression.

To satisfy my urge to communicate fully with people (to not be completely misunderstood), I have sought out communities such as this one. I almost can't wait for the day when I finally get to speak with others like myself in person.

I am Deno, Nice to meet you all :)

HI Deno welcome to AC! Enjoy the Spa I hope you find us supportive, and friendly :)

New Threads

Top Bottom