• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Depression or Mental Health Problems

Depression or Mental Health Problems 2017-09-11

Sabrina

Gentle & brave earthling
Sabrina submitted a new resource:

Depression or Mental Health Problems - Depression, anxiety, OCD information sheet

People with Asperger’s Syndrome are particularly vulnerable to mental health problems such as anxiety and depression.

However, the inability of people with Asperger’s Syndrome to communicate feelings of disturbance, anxiety or distress can also mean that it is often very difficult to diagnose a depressed or anxious state, particularly for clinicians who have little knowledge or understanding of developmental disorders.

Read more about this resource...

Yes, I also have bipolar disorder, and Im finding that quite difficult in addition to liking and being with a man who very possibly has aspergers.
Yet it makes me sensitive to his needs, at the same time sensitive to my wanting so badly to share such with people who I think care about me. What I mean is I feel that I will be put down for my views, and determination not to leave him because of his condition.
There's a very good friend that I suspect will try to dissuade me, and it's causing me distress because I like both of them, with of course in different forms.

I'm diagnosed with depression and schizoid personality disorder alongside autism and ADHD. My depression hasn't troubled me much in 7 years though. However, I still take medication for it and am uneasy about stopping it.

New Threads

Top Bottom