• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Demisexual - being a better friend

That's truly valuable in a relationship. Its good you have a strong trust foundation to build on after all these years. Thete are tons of issues when there is lack of trust that damage a relationship especially with someone on the spectrum, it can be hard to build.
Nice choice of words in the title, btw.

I think it's better to take time to build trust on my end as much as hers, I risk a lot by letting myself get paranoid. Today I just texted her to tell me when she's ready for the weekly ride around here. My word choices aren't nearly as good for texting so I try to stay simple around that.

I agree but I can't seem to wait much once I get strong feelings, and resent the person who would like to wait more, sadly.

Well only a few people are really used to spending time with me. I'm not really a fixture in anyone's life & I'm trying to change that on my end. As far as I'm concerned, we have all the time in the world, just as soon as I can find more.

It's just a weekly thing that goes until fall here. Something tells me she'll forget about it, we work a LOT. I guess I should remind her when I see her next but I'm no good about these things. I think I freak myself out about nothing & things will be simpler if I go at my own pace.

Last edited:
I'm honestly not sure though, it could be something or a number of factors made both of us nervous. She's had a number of iffy boyfriends before & I'm a loner code monkey who finds it difficult talking to almost anyone. I think given enough time we can get to a better place, to some extent it's on me since I've been a bit of a hermit while working on myself in a general sense.

Thankfully we've been hanging out more, my roommates & I have little impromptu parties so hopefully she's feeling more welcome. I think we're settling into being neighbors again. :blush::blush:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom