• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Danish woman ‘who killed more than 100 ISIS militants is treated like a TERRORIST at home'

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

A DANISH student has been reportedly shunned by her community after returning home from battling the barbaric Islamic State regime in Syria.

Joanna Palani, 23, claims to have killed more than 100 militants after giving up her studies to travel to the Middle East to fight ISIS.

She also allegedly freed a group of women and children who were being held as sex slaves by ISIS militants.

Joanna-Palini-has-suffered-since-returning-from-her-fight-against-Daesh-764496.jpg

Joanna Palani has suffered since returning from her fight against Daesh

However, since returning to Denmark she has been forced into hiding and claims she is “seen as a terrorist”.

Ms Palani told MailOnline: “I was willing to give up my life and my freedom to stop ISIS advancing, so that everyone in Europe can be safe. This was my choice.

“But I am seen as a terrorist by my own country.”

Ms-Palini-once-boasted-that-ISIS-fighters-were-easy-to-kill-820204.jpg

Ms Palini once boasted that ISIS fighters were 'easy to kill'

She added: "I live in one of the best countries in the world but I am hungry and homeless and freezing cold in bed at night, even though I am working full time.

“I don't trust anyone."

In December, Express.co.uk reported that Ms Palani had been jailed after violating Denmark’s “foreign fighter rule” after she fled her homeland in 2014 to fight alongside the Kurds in the Middle East.

The sniper is of Iranian-Kurdish ancestry and says she chose to fight alongside the Kurds “for the human rights of all people”.

Ms-Palini-even-spent-time-in-jail-after-her-return-from-Syria-820202.jpg

Ms Palini even spent time in jail after her return from Syria

She added: “I would give my life for Europe, for democracy, for freedom and for women’s rights.

"I feel like I have been betrayed by those who I was ready to sacrifice my life for.”

Source: Danish woman ‘who killed more than 100 ISIS militants is treated like a TERRORIST at home'

I think it's easier to assume that anyone who goes over there and comes back alive has been corrupted by Daesh's propaganda. I can understand why people may be struggling to accept what she has done for us but it does show that the work of Daesh to incite fear is working to some extent. Which is hardly surprising but sad nonetheless. I hope people will open their eyes to what a brilliant woman she is.

What a shame. She is a hero!
i agree,can you imagine the amount of people who would refuse to go to war now if it was made compulsory? people dont care any more apart from ocassional ladies and men like her.
good on her for getting rid of those disgusting ISIS beings,it is awful that someone who could put her life at risk for others is left homeless here,the government should be looking after its soldiers,no wonder so many have mental health problems.

"Hero", "brave", "freedom fighter"...Codswallop!

She's a murder-tourist.

I have family members who fought in the WWII, I have worked with a number of men who have seen active service, and here's what they have told me about their their time on the front and the people they've had to kill: nothing. Not a word. It's axiomatic that those who have seen action don't make a big deal about it. They sure as heck don't rejoice and brag about how many lives they've taken, unless they're sadistic psychopaths!

I think this story would play out a little differently if "Joanna Palani" was "John Palalni" with swarthy looks and bushy beard.

I support anyone who murders fanatical, totalitarian, raping and torturing types, especially those who treat the female half of humaity like crap. This has nothing to do with the hero's sex or degree of cuteness. I would cook her a meal, wash her car and read to her from the book of her choice. If it wasn't in English, I would learn the required language first.

As far as her glee. She should be proud for making the world a better place, one small perforation at a time.

Last edited:
Wow.

In the real world, I would just get up and walk away from people who think like this...

I suspect you're right about her being a murder tourist.

It's also worth considering what the soldiers in those battles would think about amatuer fighters.

Also Anything reported by the Express is automatically considered evil faciat BS by me.

Feel free to use the ignore feature. Also in the Real World, not everyone thinks like you do.
I would rather not ignore anyone; I never know from whom I might learn something.

But I hope the day never comes when I am not taken aback to encounter those who not only openly wish a violent death upon others, but seem to delight in it.

Like pretty much the rest of the Middle East, the situation in Syria doesn't lend itself to reductionism: its history is quite a tangled skein, and very few of those involved have clean hands.

Both civil conflicts and wars of national liberation tend to be particularly divisive and malicious with whomever participates in them. So malicious that they can split even family ties which happened with my own family before my time and so many others in the War Between The States.

Yet not every society has such a bloody history of such conflicts. Such societies who have attempted to avoid such conflicts in the past are likely to be mindful of avoiding them in the future. More so perhaps than so many other nations with violent histories of internal conflict. Societies with past or present histories of strict neutrality laws being enforced, observed and generally respected.

I'm inclined to respect both points of view. Though in the case of this young woman, sometimes such circumstances ultimately force a person to make a choice between one loyalty and another. Though I'm also mindful of social perception that often revolves around such conditions. That one person's "freedom fighter" is another person's "terrorist".

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom