• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Damn it, it is time for me to put my foot down.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Friends are not going to just show up at my doorstep. I know I live in an area with very limited public transit and I know I do not know how to drive a car. Enough with the excuses. I should be budgeting for Uber rides to social events instead of blowing my non-savings cash on movies and games.

There is a world out there and I assume there are other gay men out there with my tastes in horror movies, foreign films and anime. I won’t find them sitting on my couch.

And now that my voice has deepened thanks to the septum surgery, I sound a lot less nasally and a lot more like an average person.

Time to put my foot down. Time for action.

Friends are not going to just show up at my doorstep. I know I live in an area with very limited public transit and I know I do not know how to drive a car. Enough with the excuses. I should be budgeting for Uber rides to social events instead of blowing my non-savings cash on movies and games.

There is a world out there and I assume there are other gay men out there with my tastes in horror movies, foreign films and anime. I won’t find them sitting on my couch.

And now that my voice has deepened thanks to the septum surgery, I sound a lot less nasally and a lot more like an average person.

Time to put my foot down. Time for action.
YOU DO THAT!! I may have said this before, but your games is an escape mechanism. Movies less so, since you do your reviews. I play games on occasion, but they do not control me. Have you considered you are using games as a substitute for alcohol? You beat your alcohol addiction, now is the time to work on your games addiction.

Playing games is okay. Being on the spectrum means we have specialized interests. My daughter was a gamer for quite some time, and she now is learning software coding. So happy that l never told her, you spend your much time gaming.

New Threads

Top Bottom