• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Creepy thread

LadyS

One eye permanently raised it seems...
V.I.P Member
Almost Halloween, best time for creepy occurrences. Anyone have anything creepy happen to you?

Mine for the season:
I had three witch hats hung up on our front porch for Halloween decoration. Last Friday a big storm blew through and knocked them down. So we kept them on the ground behind our hedge that's right in front of the porch for the time being to put them back up later on. There was another front forecasted for today so was going to wait until after.

Well this morning I found all three of them huddled together at my door step.
Figured they probably blew into a neighbor's yard and they returned them. Upon inspection of the front door camera footage, apparently they blew in those positions themselves. First one hat blew from the porch to the front door. And then some time later the other two hats somehow blew around the other side of the hedge, across the front yard and together, went up the steps to the door from the front.

They played around together for a bit, even a couple blowing back into the yard before coming right back together and staying put as shown in the picture this morning.

Not super creepy but weird that they all gathered together in the same spot even though they were initially scattered. So now I'm definitely naming them and keeping them in the garage until next year.

Anyone else have any other weird/strange stuff happen? Just want to get into the Halloween spirit...
20221017_084954.jpg

When I was stationed in North Dakota, we lived in a town nearest the Radar site. One fall day when the usually strong wind was blowing especially hard the neighbors house accross the street was attacked by Tumbleweeds. Hundreds of them. They piled up in front of the house blocking the door and garage and then slowly made their way up a set of wooden stairs up to a 2nd story deck and blocked the glass door completely. It so happened that while I was watching the neighbor came out of the house and walked around dumfounded occasionally swatting away a new tumbleweed that still came barreling in from the prairie. And some of these were monsters 4-5 feet accross. No other house on the street was affected except for a stray tumbleweed here and there. It reminded me so much of an old Outer Limits episode - The Cry of Silence. He even had a resemblence to one of the actors, Eddie Albert. ;D

88 (2).jpg

I’ve seen a few things that can’t be explained by logic. One of these things is this pure bright light that I would wake up to occasionally when I was six. It would shine directly in my eyes blinding me and only in the morning. For years my sister didn’t believe me and tried to tell me the light was from trucks driving down the road since our rooms faced the road. She started to doubt her explanation a couple years ago when I told her the light was directly in my eyes and it was six in the morning after sunrise

The fall after I finished my BA I moved from my rental near campus into an apartment with my best friend. About a week after we moved in I left on a two week vacation in Scotland. (This was a bucket list trip and was a huge deal for me.)

It is about a week into the trip in the city of Edinburgh, a city I had known about since 2nd grade when I happened to read a story about Greyfrair's Bobby, that this story beings.

Being an introvert and autistic, I don't people well, but I do get on well with older folks, always have for some reason. And I was the youngest member of this tour group by at least three decades and my mother was the only person in the group I really knew. Thusly, when I decided to go for a walk after dinner that night I didn't tell anyone where I was going or what I was doing.

I love to walk and simply look at things around me. I just listen, watch, and let the setting roll over me in a wave. It is almost like a form of meditation for me, no interactions with people involved.

That particular night it was fairly chilly, very humid and misty. There were enough street lamps on to see clearly, and in the hazy orange light it was almost like stepping out of reality. It was amazing and I'm not sure how long or far I walked. It didn't dawn on me that I could have easily gotten lost by myself, at night, in a city I had never been to.

Fate or whathaveyou seemed to have a similar thought because right about then I happen across the bronze statue of Greyfrair's Bobby. I knew the story and actually spoke the name of the legendary little dog aloud.

It was noticeable enough that the guide of a ghost tour group heard me. He approached and asked if I knew the story. I did, and had for years, I infodumped without meaning to, much to the entertainment of the ghost tour participants.

It was pretty clear that I was by myself and not entirely sure of where I was so, I got adopted by the group (several of the people in it were staying at the same hotel I was...so it made sense to stick together.) And the next stop on the tour was Greyfrair's Kirkyard.

This was a chilly, misty night with absolutely no wind and as we wound our way through the weathered stones, crypts, and graves, I brought up the rear of the group. The coat I had on was fairly heavy with empire seaming, so it had a bit of a skirt to it. At one point I felt a slight tug on the skirt of my coat. Thinking it had snagged on one of the wrought-iron finials on a crypt fence, I turned around.

My coat wasn't caught on anything. It was sticking straight out, absolutely parallel with the ground. There was no wind to speak of and no one behind me. Not wanting to scare anyone else, I turned my attention back to the guide and pretended I hadn't seen my coat floating. A few seconds later I felt my coat resettle against my back. Who ever it was wanted to get my attention and they achieved their goal.

I got back to the hotel safely at the end of the tour and didn't tell anyone about what had happened or where I had been.

Curiously enough, it was exactly a year to the day of my adventure at Greyfrair's that we got Rue Dog. Now I absolutely never walk alone; Rue goes with me.

20221016_180454.jpg

Last edited:
I also have been in the presence of a haunted area before. This one is quite creepy. When I was eleven, my dad’s friend had a restaurant downtown that he owned and operated for a couple of years before passing it on to another man and his family. Downstairs in the basement there was this wall that you could see if you look in the doorway leading to the bigger room of the basement after you entered the place from the alley outside. And on this wall was this drawing of a soldier with some dates and I think I initials and I would stare at it for long periods of time because it was such a random place to put such a drawing. It was etched into the wall with what I later found out was yellow acid and I could feel something or someone staring back at me. I felt another presence in the area and it was a bit unnerving but I couldn’t stop staring at this drawing. And for some odd reason, no business that was in this particular building stayed in operation for more than four or five years and it sat unused for about six years I want to say. During the time it was empty, I told someone I knew about this strange drawing and how you could feel someone watching you. This person was an expert at the paranormal and somehow he managed to get into the building and perform some ritual that cleansed the area and there is now a business in the building that has been there for eight years now. The paranormal expert had told me about the drawing being created from acid and apparently the strange presence I was feeling was from the ghost of a little boy that looked similar to the soldier in the drawing and he was not happy to have anyone in the building. It was never determined who exactly the ghost was or if he was the son or relative of the soldier or the soldier in a form he chose to be when he became a spirit.

When I left home for college I moved to an old river town. Like places across Europe you can feel this history seeping through the soles of your feet. After college my best friend and I both found work in the area and in order to manage expenses (and because of my heart condition), we lived together, my rent contributing toward the mortgage and utilities.

The house we lived in was old, built in 1904. It had a basement that was par for the course for that time period. River stone walls, an uneven concrete floor, and a low ceiling. (Anyone over six feet tall would bang their head.) It was an old basement. The only thing we used it for was laundry and storage.

CatCat would always come downstairs with me when I did laundry and chattered like a magpie at a dusty corner. (Clearly she saw something.) Rue Dog, who is usually glued to me wouldn't set foot down the basement steps. He would track my movements through the kitchen floor and howl until I came back upstairs.

The guy who did pest control was convinced our basement was haunted. Every time he was in the basement he would bang his head on the light and break the bulb. Men in general were just weirded out by the house. Personally, I didn't understand it because even though it was small, it was cozy and bright. The only odd occurrences were CatCat's one sided conversations and the boys' (Rue and Zwi's) reaction to the basement stairs.

Five years ago that little house went on the market and quickly sold. My best friend had purchased a new house in the city where we both worked and we began packing to move.

A lot of my wall art (vintage silhouettes and period drawings in their original frames), are not only curious and collectable, but also breakable. I was careful about taking each piece down, wrapping it in bubble wrap, and packing it in a clearly labelled box.

Among these pieces was a pair of round, glass fronted chalk drawings depicting a bustling courtyard of an inn. These two pieces were among the last to come down. I had gotten them taken down, wrapped, and secured with tape, when I got called out to the livingroom. I left the wrapped drawings sitting in the middle of my bed, ready to put into the waiting box.

When I got back to my room the pictures were missing. I was the only one home, as my best friend had gone to pick up dinner. I looked everywhere, thinking I had mislaid the pieces. I unpacked the entire box, looked under the bed, anything I could think of. Nothing. Those pictures were gone. My best friend helped me look after dinner and had no better luck. It was weird, but stuff like that does occasionally happen.

Later that night when I went to put my laundry in my hamper, I happened to look at the wall next to the closet door. The missing pictures were right there on the wall where they had hung since I bought them. Apparently our resident ghost didn't like the fact that we were moving.

We have been at the current house five years now and we are pretty sure our ghost moved with us. She continued to interact with CatCat and developed a penchant for putting dog toys in really odd spots.

(e.g. Rue Dog had a squeaky penguin he would chronically torture, so I put it in his wooden toy box and stuck a couple other totes of pet supplies on top of the box to keep Rue Dog out of it. There was no way he could get into that box and retrieve the toy.

I was home alone with all the doors locked. The dogs were crated downstairs while I got ready for work. When I came out of the bathroom and walked into the kitchen Rue's penguin was sitting front and center on my clean kitchen counter. That penguin some how moved from the bottom of a lidded toy box, blocked by two crates of pet supplies, a door, a flight of steps, and another door to reach the kitchen.)

Last edited:
I had a dream about a door of my bedroom covered with a snake withering around and there was a huge skull head underneath the snake. I immediately called the realtor and got out of the apartment. There was weirdness with the owner who came in. Who knows if something was in my food. So l was promised a beautiful apartment right in the center of Waikiki. But l had to clean the bathtub. Except it was so weird, l have no idea what took place in the bathtub and l will spare the grisly details because it was a beautiful studio apartment.

I went to Bishop Musem in Hawaii, and l felt a very eerie feeling about some small tools in the exhibit. I felt they were used on humans. Nope, they had no explanation on the exhibit info card. Later, they were removed permanently from the exhibit. Yes, Hawaiians have a dark history.

Last edited:
Okay so mine happened in the house here, for extra fun points, and at night while I was home alone (on the night side of my bizarre sleep-wake cycle) because of course it did.

So, I'm in the kitchen, sorta pacing around as I attempt to decide just what to eat. 'Twas lunch time, you see (at 1 in the morning). So I'm looking around, browsing the big pantry, checking things to make sure they arent expired before I choose something, and I figure, okay. Let's fill up my water glass at the fridge first because I need to take my pills before I have food.

I go, and do that. I'm walking back to the pantry (which is like, 10 steps away), and then....

"HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHGHGHGHGHGH"

Now, I like to give myself a bit of credit here, in that I did not panic and sprint out of the room. Instead, I froze for a bit.

The sound, which as best I can tell sounded like a woman's tortured yell, came from, as far as I could tell, about 3 feet away, to my right, on the other side of the island.

I look, obviously. Nothing there.

I pace around more, just wandering the kitchen, looking around and waiting to see if anything happened. Nothing there.

Now, I'm not the sort to just instantly believe in whatever. But, I'm also not the skeptical sort. Rather, my behavior is, well... if you've ever read anything from the SCP Foundation, I try to approach things like the researchers there. No automatic denial of potential spooky thing, but no automatic decision that it must be real either. Instead, examine the situation, try things out, see what can or cant be found, and ponder the situation carefully. Without instantly discarding anything I might find simply because "well that's stupid, everyone knows X isnt real".

Unfortunately I dont have a research lab and like a line of D-class grunts to throw at whatever it was, so... gotta work with what I have. Just careful looking around, and the one thing I could think of to try was to take a photo of the room with my phone, which was on the island at the time. Really the only tool I have to work with.

So, I try that. Nothing. I cant really think of any other possible experiments here, so I wait a bit longer, and then eventually just go have my meal as I normally would, albeit a tad more confused than I normally would be.

A couple months later, this happens again, this time in the basement. Now, I should point out, the lights werent like, off or dimmed or anything like that. Generally this place is well lit, as the basement is sorta my base of operations. I'm just sitting here... in fact, typing on this site, when the "HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHGHGHGH" sounds again, to my right. I should emphasize here that neither of these sounds were like, soft or hard to hear. These were LOUD.

This time I reacted a tad differently. Ever heard of "Bad Ben"? A film series (there's also a game, which is what I've seen) with this guy that keeps getting into spooky situations, but unlike a lot of horror protagonists, this guy is just so freaking DONE with the ghost nonsense, and instead of running, he tends to just complain at whatever it is (though it's still dangerous, so he has to deal with that). It was kinda like that (but not dangerous as far as I can tell)... this wasnt the first or even the second "weird spooky bizarre" thing, but more yet another one in a long line of cryptic weird nonsense. I am not a patient individual. And I was trying to freaking type here, I dont like distractions and wasnt in the mood to investigate anything.

So, my patience snapped and I just threw a can of Pringles at where I thought it came from.

This had the effect of a can of Pringles smacking the decorative fake tree nearby and getting wedged between the pot and the wall. Clearly, this was very useful.

And that's my idiotic story. I will say, it was all quite unexpected. This is a *weird* house, but it's also not like, some old dilapidated place with a long history of murder or something. Built only 20 years ago, it's in very good shape, though there's way too many switches on the wall that do who knows what (previous owner was a professional electrician, so there's like 5000 switches and plugs and things and also a "wire room", which is just one bizarre aspect out of many).

I was out with my telescope quite a few years ago enjoying the clear night sky when I saw two lights move across the sky overhead. I thought it might be just a plane (we often get cessna's beloning to farmers flying over even at night) but there was no sound and there was none of the blinking lights you see in planes. The front light was bright yellow while the second about a hand span behind it was much dimmer and blue-green. As they passed overhead the blue-green light suddenly flared up and became brighter than the front light then went back to its original brightness, the lights then began to pick up speed and I noticed that the rear light was drifting slightly to the side showing that they were not attached to anything, the soon vanished out of sight. Since then I have seen rows of red lights in a weird arc like formation flying in the distance late at night.

One thing I have seen are shadows and orbs of light. They haven’t caused me any problems but they just seem to be there sometimes with no explanation as to why. The orbs of light seem to sparkle like glitter and just float in the air. The shadows I tend to see around windows and it looks as if something or someone is looking into the room.

Mine are rather not very spooky, I also used to watch the night skies via a telescope when 16 to 18 years old.

I saw what I assumed to be a satellite going over but it was joined very quickly by another " star" and ..they joined together as one tiny light !

I remember thinking that coupling must have happened at a tremendous speed, this was around 1981.

Another time, late 1990's; I was at a colleague's house in an ancient part of town ( south coast, near Southampton)
Us three playing cards and his light switched on in a little porch just before the main front door.

The light was physically switched down ( on). I changed the switch for them ( him and his wife that weekend.
We were playing cards when it happened, they simply said " yeah, it gets switched on around ten in the evening "

I moved location and I so wish I had stayed in contact to find out if the switch still continues to be turned on.

Another one : Me stripping off old panels at the top of the staircase, revealing lovely Victorian woodwork underneath the modern 80's panelling.

This was my friends house but I was alone that morning. I noticed a person appearing at the bottom of the stairs.

I looked , could not see anyone when looking directly but I felt totally calm. Umm , yeah ok; just carried on working and thinking I've just released someone's energy here maybe.

Someone who worked there in the past ? I don't know but it felt completely ok.

Last one : )

I was fitting an intruder alarm upstairs in a modern house with the home owners radio on downstairs.

I heard the lady return with her two young boys, she'd collected them from school . Heard the radio lower in volume and kiddy chatter.

So I went downstairs to say hello but there's no one there.
"Ok" back up stairs I go. Very soon after she returns with the kids and it all happens again !

I did feel spooked that time, ( 2002)
I told her and she informed me that the house is weird. The female babysitter would not stay there again.

To my shame I cannot remember the story of what actually scared the babysitter.

All of the above happened to me and it led to an interest of mine - reading about quantum theories.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom