• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Could have been famous...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Just a little reminiscing as I continue to sort through old e-mails

11 years ago I was asked to contribute photos for a poetry book being published, photos of poetry slam performances here in Calgary, the book was being published somewhere in the United States... And it paid money too! I was rather happy

Then I waited, and waited, and waited... Finally got in touch with them again...

I’m sorry it’s taken some time to get back to you, but they have reached a decision with the cover. Unfortunately, they have decided to go with another cover. It was in no way a reflection of your work, everyone loved it. It had more to do with the concept and what was right for the book. I will check on your flickr page often and feel free to send emails of new projects you’re working on, as I’m always looking for new images to use on our covers. Thanks again, James.

I remember being very devastated, things haven't got that much better over the years, I'm still not famous, I do have lots of lovely comments from people but still have no grand accomplishments... :rolleyes:

Also I have since learned too that when dealing with graphic designers, as they said above, it often comes down to design concepts, it's nothing personal but unfortunately someone gets shafted...

Here is what could have been :(

Poetry.Meyer.jpg

First time I've done this, looked up what they actually went with instead

Poetry.Meyer 2.jpg

Last edited:
Also I have since learned too that when dealing with graphic designers, as they said above, it often comes down to design concepts, it's nothing personalbut unfortunately someone gets shafted...

Yeah. A situation that I was in periodically in having to deal with web producers and game designers who would give me a nebulous outline of what they wanted in the way of a computer game product website, and then disagree with the initial web comps I designed. Ugh. :(

Sometimes felt like it was a no-win scenario. :oops:

Yeah. A situation that I was in periodically in having to deal with web producers and game designers who would give me a nebulous outline of what they wanted in the way of a computer game product website, and then disagree with the initial web comps I designed. Ugh. :(

Sometimes felt like it was a no-win scenario. :oops:

Or... The positive spin, they obviously thought my photos were good enough for a text book cover, and the design aspect and final decision were out of my hands...

New Threads

Top Bottom