• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

conversations?

Otis

When something happens in my life bad or good,it becomes my general topic. I even think I test it out on someone if I like it its almost my scripted conversation till it gets old.It's almost like my material so to speak.
Anyone else?

I'm not 100% following you, but I think I do the same thing. Kind of like being obsessed with the topic until it dies down? No, no, no no...wait. It's not the obsession thing at all is it? It's using what you think is interesting as a means of socializing. Right? I know I do that. Before I go places I have scripted things I have to talk about and if it works I'll use it over and over until there's no one left to use it on. lol

Anything that's in the forefront of my mind is my conversational topic. If something really good or bad happened in my life, then I will talk about it until it gets old.

I also have to script most things out, at least in my head, because I am not a natural conversationalist. My script covers most things, and it doesn't seem like a script to most people, but sometimes my script does get broken.

I'm not 100% following you, but I think I do the same thing. Kind of like being obsessed with the topic until it dies down? No, no, no no...wait. It's not the obsession thing at all is it? It's using what you think is interesting as a means of socializing. Right? I know I do that. Before I go places I have scripted things I have to talk about and if it works I'll use it over and over until there's no one left to use it on. lol

Something else I do that drives myself crazy. I think it's echolalia but I keep it in my head. I noticed it one day as I was walking into Walmart. I over heard someone telling another person they had worked night shift for three weeks in a row. I didn't say anything, but for most my walk through Walmart I was repeating in my head, "I worked nights for 17 years. I worked nights for 17 years. etc etc" I hate that I do this and hate that I realized I do this. (This is not something I would confess to an NT. LOL)

When something happens in my life bad or good,it becomes my general topic. I even think I test it out on someone if I like it its almost my scripted conversation till it gets old.It's almost like my material so to speak.
Anyone else?

This is 100% me. If I don't have anything exciting going on, I don't know what to talk about.

Agreed. One topic with everyone until no one is left heh. Afterwards it's back to asking questions to things they say, although it's more tiring. Plus a lot of scripted conversations and sudden confusion if even one element is different than should be.

Yes! I don't necessarily do the stereotypical Aspie thing of talking about my special interests all the time, but I do obsess about and talk at length about whatever might be going on in my life, and I go on and on about some things...

New Threads

Top Bottom