• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Conversation

inabox

Don't EVER give up
V.I.P Member
Can someone please help me with answers to these questions

1. What is the purpose of the chat room?
2. What is the intended purpose of the conversation feature, what kind of things would it usually be used for, and how is the intended use of this different from the intended use of the chat room?

I am asking these questions because far too often I have misinterpreted a social situation, (which is pretty much the things I'm asking about), which lead to consequences ranging from me feeling quite embarrassed, to the loss of friends and my last remaining scrap of dignity, to a solemn promise made to myself to avoid that situation and those people at all costs forever more.
I don't want to make a fool of myself. It's too easily done!

The Chat Room is a place for general chit-chat and banter. It can get confusing when there's more than a few people.

Conversations function much like emails. Only the participants can read them. You can have them one-on-one or invite multiple people.

The Chat Room is a place for general chit-chat and banter. It can get confusing when there's more than a few people.

Yes indeed.

I don't do chat too often because it's real-time conversation. Not that I can't do that, but at any given time I'm online I'm usually multitasking. With posting messages at my own leisure I can multi-task pretty well. But when it involves any real-time communication, it inhibits my ability to multitask altogether. Much like being in a room with lots of people when they're all talking at once. I get overwhelmed...and end up withdrawing.

Thank you both for replying. :D
I have now been educated, and hopefully a lot less likely to "fluff"-up, which I happen to be terrified of .... :oops:

New Threads

Top Bottom