• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Contribute to my PhD on homeschooling :)

ifightdragons

Hi guys. I'm currently outlining the thesis for my PhD in sociology. I'm researching the effects of homeschooling and other "unconventional" ways of schooling gifted children.

There isn't a wealth good literature on this as of yet, but I would gladly take any suggestions any of you might have. It can be hard to set aside full days for literature research and review when teaching a bunch of unruly high school kids full time!

It doesn't have to be overtly academic, an article in a newspaper or anything like a personal opinion or maybe experience can definitely come in handy at some point. :)

Last edited:
Where I live homeschooling is illegal. Because there are some areas of the country, they still use children as cheap workers. I guess I did not helped much.

Well, see ya.

Where I live homeschooling is illegal. Because there are some areas of the country, they still use children as cheap workers. I guess I did not helped much.

Well, see ya.
Really Gulas!? Illegal!? Wow! Where do you live?! Not in in the US I hope!

As for the original poster. Can you be more specific please on what your seeking answers/ replies too? And what is " untraditional" schooling? For ex; do charter schools or sp. ed schools count? Can you be more specific please?

New Threads

Top Bottom