• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Christmas Lunch

Here too. Which means - more family visits :confused:
I feel for you there, family are definitely over rated in my opinion. Lots of people complain about being lonely at Christmas, I reckon they don't know what side of the bread's got the butter on it.

I hope you managed to enjoy yourself anyway.

Happy Boxing Day :snowman:
I've never really been sure what it's for, it comes from old England. A story I heard recently was that it was traditionally the day when rich nobs gave presents to their servants but I'm not so sure about that.

One of my grandfathers was a mental Yorhshireman and he used to spend the 26th watching Boxing on TV. But he was a little strange, back when I was a kid TV stations used to close at 11:30 at night, and at closing they'd play God Save The Queen. My grandfather would wait up for that, when it played he'd stand to attention and as it finished he'd salute the queen before going to bed.

I've never really been sure what it's for, it comes from old England. A story I heard recently was that it was traditionally the day when rich nobs gave presents to their servants but I'm not so sure about that.

One of my grandfathers was a mental Yorhshireman and he used to spend the 26th watching Boxing on TV. But he was a little strange, back when I was a kid TV stations used to close at 11:30 at night, and at closing they'd play God Save The Queen. My grandfather would wait up for that, when it played he'd stand to attention and as it finished he'd salute the queen before going to bed.

I've had two straight days of eating leftover Christmas food and snacks and doing nothin' here. We celebrate Christmas on the 24th (everyone else is doing it wrong on the 25th :)) So the 25th is The First Christmas Day and the 26th is The Second Christmas Day. Both these days are holidays, everything is closed. It is now 8pm on the 26th and I'm halfway into a food coma. I'm stuffed.

...and I'm halfway into a food coma. I'm stuffed.
That was one of the things I hated about Christmas as a kid. My Mum used to make the traditional English Christmas Puddings every year too. They'd hang in the laundry curing for a month before Christmas, and they had the traditional silver coins and charms in them.

I love the flavour of those puddings but they sit in your stomach like a brick and you can hardly move after eating some. As a kid I was never given a choice, I was told to eat it.

My Mum used to make the traditional English Christmas Puddings every year too. They'd hang in the laundry curing for a month before Christmas, and they had the traditional silver coins and charms in them.

I love the flavour of those puddings but they sit in your stomach like a brick

That makes sense if the food was full of silver coins. ;) That had to be a challenge to chew. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom