• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Chatty" forceful people?

@Chance Wow what a nightmare, I can only imagine how stressful it must have been to be at the end of all that! What an awful and incompetent salesman. He must deal with chatty people who enjoy the bartering and game playing that goes on, and enjoy engaging in the process with him. Equally he must also get potential customers like us, who will always retreat from the hard sell the more they are pushed. Surly it makes better business practice to back off, and allow the quieter more reserved and thoughtful customer space to decide what they want and at what terms. This is especially relevant with people on the spectrum who more than likely would have done copious amounts of research and already know as much as the salesman who should only be there to facilitate the paperwork.

As for the constant barrage of phone calls, that sounds like bullying and harassment pure and simple. I admire your level of tolerance, after the first call I would have had two words for them and the second word would have been off! I would then have blocked them.

Last edited:
Okay, here's the solution to your problem :D:

BuiltFORDTough.jpg

Sorry Sport... I like mostly all brands and I have had many different ones, (even had a FORD Raptor, but I just like GM... I don't know why? I just do.

This is what I was wanting... I had my heart set on it.
Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 8.55.48 AM.png

BUT... Maybe this has a rainbow in this s..t storm. I have never really liked the chrome crap at all. I buy the GMC because its the only GM line that uses the 420hp 6.2 in the truck line. Its the best engine ever, so far. Its massively powerful and will get up to 25mpg in 4 mode on the hwy. Chevy didn't offer that UNTIL NOW...

Check this out. I will be calling the Chevrolet dealership tomorrow and see when I can get one of these...
I just fell in love with Chevrolet again!

Sorry Sport... I like mostly all brands and I have had many different ones, (even had a FORD Raptor, but I just like GM... I don't know why? I just do.

This is what I was wanting... I had my heart set on it.
View attachment 38199

BUT... Maybe this has a rainbow in this s..t storm. I have never really liked the chrome crap at all. I buy the GMC because its the only GM line that uses the 420hp 6.2 in the truck line. Its the best engine ever, so far. Its massively powerful and will get up to 25mpg in 4 mode on the hwy. Chevy didn't offer that UNTIL NOW...

Check this out. I will be calling the Chevrolet dealership tomorrow and see when I can get one of these...
I just fell in love with Chevrolet again!

I always wanted an Old 1960s Land Rover defender,I think I associated with conservation and animals and freedom,probably wouldn't like the car

I always wanted an Old 1960s Land Rover defender,I think I associated with conservation and animals and freedom,probably wouldn't like the car

I would like to do this for a living, but not in the right country... It seems. I think this is newer than the 60's model but Land Rovers Safari trucks always have a special look.

I'm looking to navigate an Urban jungle for now. : )
Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 9.19.05 AM.png

That is huge, practically an tank minus the gun barrel!

They look big but they really aren't that big compared to many vehicles. They are sort of wide but pretty short in length. The deal is (if configured right) they have room, drive and handle a lot like a sports car, but get as good of gas mileage as a soccer moms minivan

I would like to do this for a living, but not in the right country... It seems. I think this is newer than the 60's model but Land Rovers Safari trucks always have a special look.

View attachment 38200
I remember a quote from an article ,from an Australian farmer ,who relied on Land Rovers because He said "the engine could be flooded and it would still keep working"as Australians experience a lot of rain.

View attachment 38200
Never understood why people like range Rovers, they look ridiculous,you see women driving them in this country and they look terrified,why do they possibly need them on a completely urban road -when they'll never go off road

I can barely stand to read this thread because it upsets me so much.

I only bought one brand new car in my life. That was a Rabbit Diesel. I did tremendous amounts of research to decide that was the car I wanted. I read books on salesmanship and how car dealerships and their owners work. I found out the best time to get a good deal on a vehicle and what motivates dealers. I picked out the color of the vehicle before I even went shopping. I wanted one to match the color of the dirt on the long road I drove in and out of to go anywhere.:D

I may not show much evidence of OCD in most things, but watch out when I am on a tight budget and need to spend a lot of money.:eek:

I had concluded beforehand that using sales techniques would be effective on both the dealer and the salesperson, and I was all primed to use this before I left home. I also picked out my dealership in advance.

The dealer was so fascinated when he realized that I was successfully employing sales techniques against him and his salesman that he took over the negotiation process. I asked him if he was still going to give the salesman his commission and he said he was, so I was ok.

The dealer told me that he gave me the lowest price he had ever given in his life. He asked me if I would consider working for him.:p

All of this was enormously stressful for me, and I didn't know why back then.

I concluded later, due to a lot more that happened, that it was not a good idea for me to have negotiated such a low price for my car.

I hope this makes people who have been put through a lot of misery, by pushy sales people, feel better. Sometimes we get in a few licks too.:D
I can barely stand to read this thread because it upsets me so much.

I only bought one brand new car in my life. That was a Rabbit Diesel. I did tremendous amounts of research to decide that was the car I wanted. I read books on salesmanship and how car dealerships and their owners work. I found out the best time to get a good deal on a vehicle and what motivates dealers. I picked out the color of the vehicle before I even went shopping. I wanted one to match the color of the dirt on the long road I drove in and out of to go anywhere.:D

I may not show much evidence of OCD in most things, but watch out when I am on a tight budget and need to spend a lot of money.:eek:

I had concluded beforehand that using sales techniques would be effective on both the dealer and the salesperson, and I was all primed to use this before I left home. I also picked out my dealership in advance.

The dealer was so fascinated when he realized that I was successfully employing sales techniques against him and his salesman that he took over the negotiation process. I asked him if he was still going to give the salesman his commission and he said he was, so I was ok.

The dealer told me that he gave me the lowest price he had ever given in his life. He asked me if I would consider working for him.:p

All of this was enormously stressful for me, and I didn't know why back then.

I concluded later, due to a lot more that happened, that it was not a good idea for me to have negotiated such a low price for my car.

I hope this makes people who have been put through a lot of misery, by pushy sales people, feel better. Sometimes we get in a few licks too.:D

All I ask is to be treated reasonably fair, and just be honest with me... I never seek special treatment, actually that would upset me a lot. I just want to be a regular guy in a regular situation. It seems like thats too much to ask for sometimes... : ) But I will carry on and try again.

I had a girl friend in High School who had an old red rabbit convertible. I was fun to ride around in. It was old, had a hole in the roof, so she just mostly left the roof down. We treated that car horrible and it took it and took it an never left us walking. It should have! : )

IMG_3294.PNG

Hey @Chance i think you should phone the dealership and ask the salesman to stand in the doorway and wait for you. Turn up in this bad boy and squeeze off a few shells, problem gone, the dealership too probably! :tongueclosed:

Wow, that is nice. I hate to admit it, but that would almost be enough to draw me over to the dark side.:D

Come on Sport.... The dark side is calling... If it roars like the Camaro, or the CTS-V I think I might just have a cargasm. : )

i have a fun trick that i use for telesales and inappropriate sales people, i just ask them i'm not buying anything and then ask them how long i can waste their time until they go away, that usually does the trick

Get thee behind me:

Oh but Sport... Thou are to be wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove...
So I bid you granny's clunky GM caddy to cool off your pony car. Oh and just please forget there is a poor little pony cars in the videos (Just pretend they aren't there). ;) evil grin

I am being gentle as a dove... I didn't bring out the ZR1 Vette, the Z06 Vette, the Grand Sport Vette, the Copo Camaro, the ZL1 Camaro, the SS Camaro, the Z28 Camaro... No I just bring you a skinny old lowly Cadillac... (and I am just playing with you) ... My dark side isn't very mean. I just dont want you to know I like mustangs also, just because I want to be difficult.

Never to rub it in at all... seriously I'm a car freak. The latest GM 6.2s and the countless variations of simplicity makes for a nearly indestructible monster that is very good on fuel when driven gently, and will through you back in the seat like a joy ride in the space shuttle if you nail into it. The CTS-v is the funnest car I have ever driven. It's a total surprise. No one expects that it's a land rocket. Not even an AMG Mercedes.

New Threads

Top Bottom