• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Casting YouTube Videos To Your TV

Judge

V.I.P Member
Works well enough using a Google Chrome Browser. Easier than having to do it the earlier way where you had to retrieve a long code of numbers from YouTube, and them type them in your YouTube account to make the video/film begin on your television.

But here's the kicker. Don't expect your browser's extensions like privacy control or ad blocking to work under such circumstances. Besides, they wouldn't address all the internal privacy violations that can occur between YouTube and Windows. That's where you need a third-party program such as "Glary Utilities" to routinely purge your operating system of so many entries from YouTube and Google.

My point? I was astounded to see that casting just one single feature-length film resulted in some 350 privacy violations that Glary Utilities recorded. Yet when I run Firefox and access one or two domains like this one I average around 24 such privacy violations even in consideration of being on them for around two hours.

Made me feel like I'm selling my soul just to watch a movie. Thank goodness for freeware programs that can at least purge such entries, though after the fact. When I see what other domains routinely do, it makes YouTube seem well...outrageous in comparison. While I'm not a regular user of Google Chrome. I'd be really disappointed if this is more typical of their browser than just accessing such an invasive domain like YouTube.

I can only recommend that you routinely use software that can purge such entries which violate our privacy.

Last edited:
Just bought a new TV. Damn thing is a "smart" TV. You have to go online to register it before it will work as advertised. Registration wanted my name, age, phone number, email, and get this - my gender self-assignment - before I could complete the registration. Yes. It was a "required field."

And now the Roku works but somehow I feel vaguely violated.

More perspective. Last night I was on Peacock on my PC using Firefox to watch an episode of "Sliders". :cool:

When the show finished, I logged off and went straight into Glary Utilities to see how many privacy violations (trackers) it could locate and purge. Only 17 entries in comparison to Google Chrome and YouTube showing such entries into the hundreds.

Just bought a new TV. Damn thing is a "smart" TV. You have to go online to register it before it will work as advertised. Registration wanted my name, age, phone number, email, and get this - my gender self-assignment - before I could complete the registration. Yes. It was a "required field."

And now the Roku works but somehow I feel vaguely violated.

Claims made by one particular smart tv manufacturer over the what and whys of privacy issues they gather on their owners: Terms & Privacy

I also have a not-quite-as-smart flatscreen. I use an older Google Chromecast dongle that works ok on it. I can cast my PC screen and audio to the TV. It is a bit awkward since the PC has to be showing the same thing the TV is but it does the job. Better so see a movie on a large display than having to crowd around a laptop.

I use fire tv stick or roku stick. I have a chromcast that came with stadia but I don't like how I have to stream stuff from phone to use it. the others are their own thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom