• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can you survive a zombie apocalypse? (I'll be a gamemaster/storyteller, I guess)

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Ever wondered if you could survive a zombie apocalypse? Yeah, me too.
Here are the rules:
-Zombies are fast and can lift somewhat heavy objects and destroy barriers somewhat easily.
-Zombies instantly die with one shot to the head with any weapon.
-Zombie's hearing isn't as good as humans, but they are still sound-based.
-Zombies are unable to use firearms, swords, and blunt weapons. Can only wield combat knives.
-Your decisions may not only affect your own survival, but the survival of others. EX: One of your best friends is in your survival group, but has noticed a zombie scratch mark 2 weeks after a large battle with a horde of zombies, and will die a slow, painful death as he/she is turning. What do you do? Save your ammo and leave him/her in physical pain, or subject yourself to emotion pain by putting them down with your own gun?
-You get two weapon loadouts: One for when you know it's only going to be a Humans VS. Zombies situation, and one for human-on-human combat.

Also, what will you carry in your loadouts?
Good luck.

Last edited:
I'd be of a mind to think that in any zombie apocalypse, there are no rules. Only victims and survivors.

But please. Don't lick the zombies. Could be a very bad idea.

I'd be of a mind to think that in any zombie apocalypse, there are no rules. Only victims and survivors.

But please. Don't lick the zombies. Could be a very bad idea.
Oh gosh! I meant good luck, not good lick! Lol. Apparently, all of my motor functions related to typing don't work right anymore! It should be edited now.

Oh gosh! I meant good luck, not good lick! Lol. Apparently, all of my motor functions related to typing don't work right anymore! It should be edited now.

Glad you fixed it.

Now watch your six, so a zombie doesn't take a bite out of your shoulder.

Or buttocks.

Glad you fixed it.

Now watch your six, so a zombie doesn't take a bite out of your shoulder.

Or buttocks.
*Senses a zombie coming up behind me, quickly turns around and shoots it with an insanely silent rifle chambered in .22LR, with a suppressor on it, and head-shots it. It dies with one hit.*
No need to tell me, sir.

*Senses a zombie coming up behind me, quickly turns around and shoots it with an insanely silent rifle chambered in .22LR, with a suppressor on it, and head-shots it. It dies with one hit.*
No need to tell me, sir.

In a zombie apocalypse you want to use that ammo sparingly. Don't be too upset when you happen upon that derelict sporting goods store where all the shelves with ammo are empty.

Though in the absence of bullets, I suspect that the average zombie's head isn't likely to give so easily as Hollywood frequently depicts it. :p

Last edited:
That's a quite long weapon with the suppressor on it, it would be difficult to turn, fire, and use at such close range quickly. I'd opt for a couple of handguns, Glock 19's, in shoulder holsters for a quick draw.

With extended magazines, of course. ;)

Though I'd prefer to use that Beretta 92FS that Seline the Vampire uses. After all, it seems to never run out of ammunition. LOL...no need for magazines period!

Gun courtesy of Beretta. Firepower courtesy of Hollywood. :p

I'd opt for a couple of handguns, Glock 19's, in shoulder holsters for a quick draw.

I've had some spirited debates with my brother over the use of shoulder holsters. He seems spooked by an enhanced possibility of a wider field of collateral damage. Not something that ever concerned me. Oh well...

Last edited:
I like that idea, but I'd step it up to a Glock 20. Although 10mm can be a bit hard to find.

That's a quite long weapon with the suppressor on it, it would be difficult to turn, fire, and use at such close range quickly. I'd opt for a couple of handguns, Glock 19's, in shoulder holsters for a quick draw.

15 rounds and a 9mm barrel? Maybe, I'm familiar with Beretta's, their a little hard on the hands, but a nice solid reliable handgun.

No, with Seline her Beretta seems to have unlimited rounds.

Much like I have when I fly a biplane in "Red Baron II". ;) :p

Sorry Joshua, we ventured far from the theme of a zombie fight with a "Weapons loadout" instead referring to actual hand guns. Unfamiliar with many of these games.

Defined here as weapons loadout:

Green (or Energy) ammo weapons: breech-loaded grenade launchers (like Fighting Lion), fusion rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, trace rifles (like Coldheart) Purple (or Power) ammo weapons: drum-loaded grenade launchers (like The Colony), linear fusion rifles (like Sleeper Simulant), rocket launchers, swords.

Green (or Energy) ammo weapons: breech-loaded grenade launchers (like Fighting Lion), fusion rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, trace rifles (like Coldheart) Purple (or Power) ammo weapons: drum-loaded grenade launchers (like The Colony), linear fusion rifles (like Sleeper Simulant), rocket launchers, swords.
From watching tv shows like walking dead all roads are blocked most time you have to walk between cities how would you carry all this stuff?

From watching tv shows like walking dead all roads are blocked most time you have to walk between cities how would you carry all this stuff?
Why do you think they're roadblocked? Maybe it's implemented through sort of dystopian communities in conflict with other humans? I wonder if that's what is meant by human-on-human conflict.

Well for the first question, I suppose it would depend on how common ammunition is, likely with a zombie apocalypse there'd be hoarding of essentials, so it'd also depend on whether these resources have been properly protected or they've succumb to the zombies, as well as how far we're into the apocalypse. I think killing them would be necessary to prevent another zombie as well as their suffering.

For the second, I think human-to-human would be the most useful if you were a scavenger of some sorts. Overall a large community of humans with manufacturing capabilities and a stable source of food would likely overcome the hunter-gathers, like they did in ancient times.

Can you imagine using some sonic warfare on these guys! That'd be so awesome. I'd love to see that implemented in some sort of show.

Why do you think they're roadblocked? Maybe it's implemented through sort of dystopian communities in conflict with other humans? I wonder if that's what is meant by human-on-human conflict.
I guess more like panic road incidents people run from city in thousands some collision then entire road is blocked for miles, i think its illustrated pretty good in season 1 where there was a asian guy on motorcycle driving around all the salvage cars.

1.jpg

I'd opt for tail dragger airplane would be a perfect transportation since it can land and take off almost anywhere.

I guess more like panic road incidents people run from city in thousands some collision then entire road is blocked for miles or who knows, i think its illustrated pretty good in season 1 where there was a asian guy on motorcycle driving around all the salvage cars.

View attachment 47622
Woah. That's wild, it makes me want to watch that show.

I'd probably tie up the friend then ask if he wants to be killed as a human or zombie, or live as a zombie. If amputation wasn't an option / bitten limb not chopped off early enough. But since you said it was 2 weeks ago and he still hasn't turned yet, and your saying from this point it would be a very slow process... he could still be useful. So would take him up north with me before those options are presented to him. To help deal with the zombies that may be blocking the roads.

Basically... When the apocalypse started i printed off remote locations of cabins for sale in the north before the internet went out. Load out: Winter jacket, small snow shoes, A big bag of rice, Hunting knife, Pistol, 3 boxes of ammunition, a medical kit, feral rod, survival book, fishing line,hooks, a small auger, map and a silencer.

Fighting our way out of the condo we make it to the parking lot. From there we would steal a car... get out of the city and use back roads or old logging roads (where human presence is already very scarce = low zombie presence) and begin the long drive up north to the land of snow and ice. Once we are far out enough where there are still gas stations but low human presence we take care of any zombies and restock on supplies at this gas station before the final proceeding. If the friend is starting to "turn" at this point i'll present the options and the beggining of the post.

Drive as far up north as a car can be driven and from there load all necessary goods into a bag and begin a several mile hike to one of the cabins in the printed off information. Rest there for a night. Then continue heading deeper into the woods where another cabin is. Continuing this process until there are no more cabins available and i'm far enough that any zombie who would try to make it to this location of your round snow and ice would freeze before making it to the location.

The feral rod would be used to start fires, the snow in the environment would be boiled down to water and used to cook the rice, The auger used to drill a hole in the ice over a lake, the fishing line would be tied around a large stick or log that's placed over the hole. Initial bait? worms and bugs picked up at the gas station before or some small bits of sugary bright marsh mellows. After the first catch the fishes guts would be used as bait from then on. If possible i would smoke the fish so it's shelf life lasts just a little longer. Once a base of operations (so to speak) is set up might head back to the previous cabins and then to the last gas station before reaching the isolated location and pack the car full of supplies... Then bury those supplies/foods in the snow throughout the area i am now familiar with. over the course of a couple weeks.

That's a quite long weapon with the suppressor on it, it would be difficult to turn, fire, and use at such close range quickly. I'd opt for a couple of handguns, Glock 19's, in shoulder holsters for a quick draw. Especially if these are fast zombies.
Or I can mod the rifle into a SBR and then attach the suppressor to it.

Last edited:
Sorry Joshua, we ventured far from the theme of a zombie fight with a "Weapons loadout" instead referring to actual hand guns. Unfamiliar with many of these games.

Defined here as weapons loadout:

Sorry, I'm only referring to firearms commonly found in the real world United States. (AR-15, M1911, etc.).

Ever wondered if you could survive a zombie apocalypse? Yeah, me too.
Here are the rules:
-Zombies are fast and can lift somewhat heavy objects and destroy barriers somewhat easily.
-Zombies instantly die with one shot to the head with any weapon.
-Zombies are unable to use firearms, swords, and blunt weapons. Can only wield combat knives.
-Your decisions may not only affect your own survival, but the survival of others. EX: One of your best friends is in your survival group, but has noticed a zombie scratch mark 2 weeks after a large battle with a horde of zombies, and will die a slow, painful death as he/she is turning. What do you do? Save your ammo and leave him/her in physical pain, or subject yourself to emotion pain by putting them down with your own gun?
-You get two weapon loadouts: One for when you know it's only going to be a Humans VS. Zombies situation, and one for human-on-human combat.

Also, what will you carry in your loadouts?
Good luck.
If that happens I will probably be dead, but rest assured, I am going to take some zombies with me. I won't go down without a fight.

New Threads

Top Bottom