• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can you please help me with a PC laptop question?

Just another suggestion, I have similar issues to you and I can't spend very long sitting at a desk. I also spend a lot of time on the computer and I like having a fast machine with a real keyboard and a decent size screen. I also like to be comfortable.

I sit in a leather reclining chair with the keyboard in my lap and the mouse on the arm of the chair, both wired for reliability and convenience. The screen is just above my feet when I'm lounging back.

Computer Comfort.jpg

Just another suggestion, I have similar issues to you and I can't spend very long sitting at a desk. I also spend a lot of time on the computer and I like having a fast machine with a real keyboard and a decent size screen. I also like to be comfortable.

I sit in a leather reclining chair with the keyboard in my lap and the mouse on the arm of the chair, both wired for reliability and convenience. The screen is just above my feet when I'm lounging back.

View attachment 126185

I like that. It is nice. I use a wheelchair so I do everything on my lap. I am feeling overwhelmed looking at all the different PC laptops and options. I found out there are wireless trackpads. I am wondering if I could just use that and not need a new PC. Apple seems to make a nice one and there are others.

I have a new lap desk coming on Monday.

IMG_1043.jpeg

Outdated, thank you so much for your advice. When I get this I will follow the instructions you gave on how to stop unnecessary things on start up. It would feel so good to be able to keep this in sleep mode and just lift the lid and use it to print right away when I need it.

Hi Grommet. Any of those laptops would be suitable for what you want. With only 4 gig of Ram they'll be very slow running Win10 but it sounds like that doesn't really matter for what you're going to use them for.

The new computer laptop works perfectly. I am so happy. It arrived looking new. I used your instructions for changing the things that happen on start-up. The program opens quickly enough and the printer works.

Thank you so much.

Hi Grommet. Any of those laptops would be suitable for what you want. With only 4 gig of Ram they'll be very slow running Win10 but it sounds like that doesn't really matter for what you're going to use them for.

This is what you helped me do. Thank you, I am grateful.

New Threads

Top Bottom