• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Campers/homeless people camping too close to my home, VERY uncomfortable and stressful

I've lived in a lot of places, and some were horribly noisy for some of the reasons you've mentioned. In fact it got so bad, that one of our neighbors got a really big rottweiler. With a head the size of a giant pumpkin. He was scary just to look at, but a big marshmallow inside. When I went out at night to walk my own dog, I walked him as well. But that doesn't help you, unless you want a really big dog.

Some of the neighbours got together and signed a petition to get rid of the residents of a certain apartment building (which housed a meth lab). When that didn't work, we eventually began complaining by letter and phone to various city department's.

All the neighbors banded together and called the police and city on a regular basis for anything, noise, garbage, fires, fighting, vagrancy. City bylaws, and there were many, brought all kinds of people to that building, building inspectors, fire and vermin and health officials.

After that we took the landlord to court, filing petition after petition. In that particular place there was a tenant's rights association with pro bono lawyers. Which happened to be located on the street we lived on. We were successful, the tiny four apartment building was declared eventually unsafe and condemned. It was falling down anyway, it just needed a little push.

So there are things you can do, look into the town bylaws.
Our next door neighbor has three big, scary, barky, dogs. In fact they were part of the stress over the last few years. The dogs got out, killed cats and a dog, mauled my partner and barked incessantly. We had to keep our little Jack Russel under lock and key, because they got to him a few times and hurt him alot. He died though, from a Brown snake bite.
Thr neighbor was not stable at the time. She has settled down a lot and treats us with civility now, so that's improved.
We are now in alliance with this neighbor as she sorted out her drug and mental health problems.
One of the latest issues has been caused by a bad housing tenancy manager. She got the meth head people in instead of transferring our next door neighbors who needed a flat level unit because of a child with a club foot.
We recently went head to head with this tenancy manger via email as she and another coworker seriously breached our tenancy rights and I sent emails in response. I don't know for sure, but she and the other worker, have likely been transferred or relieved of duty, because of it.
She is also the reason my urgent transfer on medical grounds, has been blocked and not processed. So we are proceeding with advocacy and perseverance.

He died though, from a Brown snake bite.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog Nauti. I'd have a very hard time living next to someone who's dogs attacked mine. And the rest of it, wow. It all sounds so convoluted and difficult. I'm glad you continue on, and don't give up. You will get there.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog Nauti. I'd have a very hard time living next to someone who's dogs attacked mine. And the rest of it, wow. It all sounds so convoluted and difficult. I'm glad you continue on, and don't give up. You will get there.
Thank you Mia :). Yes, very sad to lose our little friend. And it was (still is, to a degree) very stressful living next to someone so unstable and irresponsible and who's dogs are vicious killers and killed pets, without support from the authorities (more convoluted, stressful story, I will spare you of the details). So convoluted I don't want to burden anyone here with more long-winded sob story, suffice to say it was what precipitated my inpatients admittance into private psychiatric care.

Doing much better this year :).

Last edited:
We have The Dangerous Dog act over here.
Dog so much as looks at you in a perceived threatening manner it's within anyone's rights to report the dog to the police.
Dogs have to be under control here.
(the more reports the police receive about one dog, or dogs in particular the greater the chance of investigation)

I am sorry to hear about you losing your dog due to the snake bite.

Just for now, Can you get some peace with meds and headphones?
Redirect your focus? On to you? Your breathing and well being?
Would checking in with your doctor or health professional to get your current state; due to events, on record, help in your cause of finding somewhere else to live ?

Alternatively, work out a script and talk to your neighbour?
You've been tolerant during the festival. Festival's over now. Time to get back to normal.
Anything like that work?

I think the worst might be over. I checked outside and it was quiet today, so, maybe they left?
I'm hugely relieved as last night I was so "triggeeerrrrrred" after the car break in, and theft of the night before, and loud banging and lots of scurrying around, two nights in a row.
Hopefully tonight is quiet, the neighbor's dogs are barking, but over time, that affects me less, I still don't like it, but it's not the grating strain it once was. It's just turned into evening now and so far, no.loud people noise, so that's good.
It's been quiet here today. Everyday of quiet, I treasure.
Thank you everyone for your support! It got me through a crying, stressed out meltdown, last night. So grateful :).

I felt anxiety just reading through your posts, @Nauti , detailing the extent of what you've been through. You really have my absolute sympathy. I think you've done amazing just getting through it. And your most recent post made me relieved to read. Honestly, so happy for you if these people have moved on, out of your life. I really hope you never have to go through this again. Peace and quiet is indeed something to be treasured!

Thank You @shysnail :) Very kind of you to care. Yes, it isnt fun living here. Tonight, is the usual, a resident (one of the new residents) yelling and swearing at the top of her voice, and banging, but that is just what happens most nights here, we have four households, both sides, who frequently get very loud.

That is why, having extra druggy, drunky homeless peeps milling around, was just TOO MUCH. They seem to be gone, thank God, though.:) .
Tonight, only residents going craycray. Just the normal level of bonkers.

New Threads

Top Bottom