• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bullying

I was bullied physically and verbally until I started fighting back. My father was always threatening to hit me...until I started counter threatening to report him for domestic violence if he so much as laid a finger on me. I don't know if my counter threatening had anything to do with it, or the fact he physically couldn't do anything due to old age and disability.

Last edited:
I was bullied in the one of the weirdest ways possible; the bullies tormented me until I lost my temper and beat the crap out of them, or tried to, then I would be suspended. This might not sound so bad, but everyone was either terrified of me or hated me. My school nickname was "The Psycho" and people would often write this on my things. In truth, I was actually very nice, I just hated being made fun of. For about four years, everyone I knew would either run away whenever they saw me, or start screaming abuse at me.
These days, I use my bad reputation in a good way by threatening bullies into leaving people alone, because you pretty much can't get into trouble for anything that isn't physical.

this is the problem with neurotypicals i'm talking about:they expect us to act or behave a certain way :mad::angry::imp::rage: even when it comes to bullying,as well as abuse,especially out of fear of being excluded from everybody & left out of everything:mad::angry::imp::rage:,because if we do act out against those who bully or abuse anybody with any form of autism,no one will want to be around us,even at the cost of standing up for ourselves :mad::angry::imp::rage:,along with venting our behavioral frustrations at those who do wrong to us,also a way to stand up for ourselves :mad::angry::imp::rage:.

Last edited:
I was bullied physically and verbally until I started fighting back.

now that's what i call standing up for yourself,it's also very good to hear.you are doing those like ourselves in the world with any form of autism proud,even at the expense of those with extreme expectations of people with any form of autism.

Last edited:
now that's what i call standing up for yourself,it's also very good to hear.you are doing those like ourselves in the world with any form of autism proud,especially at the expense of those with expectations of people with any form of autism.

Unfortunately, it wasn't just other kids I had to fight back against. My own father was always threatening to hit me or "punch your teeth out if you talk to me with that attitude". I didn't intend to be disrespectful. My voice is just weird sometimes. I could have been tired or aggravated by something else. I started threating back, "If you threaten to hit me again, I'm going to report you for domestic violence." And meant it. It seemed to make him stop.

I also had a teacher who grabbed my arm out of no where and ended up leaving a bruise. I asked her to let go and she wouldn't. I tapped on her hand, that did nothing. I panicked and bit her. Not hard, just a little warning nip. But still, I shouldn't have had to resort to that in the first place. I kinda regret not biting her harder and making her bleed and leaving a scar. Give her a little something to remember me by. And also as a warning for the other kids.

I got beat up by other kids a lot. One girl, who I thought was my best friend, organized a group of bullies to beat me up. My mother used to grab my arm hard enough to bruise, pinch me, pull out my hair when brushing it, and waterboard me while washing my hair.

I got beat up by other kids a lot. One girl, who I thought was my best friend, organized a group of bullies to beat me up. My mother used to grab my arm hard enough to bruise, pinch me, pull out my hair when brushing it, and waterboard me while washing my hair.
I wish there was a hug emoticon on here.
No one should have to go through that.
My mum used to take her temper out on brushing our long hair. There were 3 of us girls with long hair. Dad nicked all the fags so she had nothing to smoke when she got up.
She used to slap our faces, Dad was really scary too.
School was a joke, well it was because I didnt stick up for myself. Whenever I did, the person who picked on me stopped. I was scared of most of them, not only physically, some of them were not physically threatening but were psychologically bullying.

I didn't get it nearly as bad as most people here. I got picked on a lot, especially in middle school, but it was rarely physical. There were a few times that it was: one kid got his little brother to jump on me, but he was too small to actually hurt me, and one time an older kid dug his fingernails into my hand until I started to bleed. Since I was only like 6 years old, I started to cry, until the bus driver told me to shut up.

Middle school was mostly just verbal taunts about my looks and lack of friends. It sucked, and one time I ended up having a complete shutdown as class was starting (lots of crying on my part, and an inability to speak even when I've calmed down a little).

My dad used to be a bit rough, and I hated him for it. Like slapping my upside the head for not looking before crossing the street (I did look, he just didn't see me). My mom made fun of me for not having any friends. They didn't do this constantly, but it was enough to be a clear pattern. It kind of tapered off a bit as I got older though, until they stopped altogether, not that they acknowledged how it hurt me.

I didn't get it nearly as bad as most people here. I got picked on a lot, especially in middle school, but it was rarely physical. There were a few times that it was: one kid got his little brother to jump on me, but he was too small to actually hurt me, and one time an older kid dug his fingernails into my hand until I started to bleed. Since I was only like 6 years old, I started to cry, until the bus driver told me to shut up.

Middle school was mostly just verbal taunts about my looks and lack of friends. It sucked, and one time I ended up having a complete shutdown as class was starting (lots of crying on my part, and an inability to speak even when I've calmed down a little).

My dad used to be a bit rough, and I hated him for it. Like slapping my upside the head for not looking before crossing the street (I did look, he just didn't see me). My mom made fun of me for not having any friends. They didn't do this constantly, but it was enough to be a clear pattern. It kind of tapered off a bit as I got older though, until they stopped altogether, not that they acknowledged how it hurt me.
That is saddening I hope your life is better now.

Unfortunately, it wasn't just other kids I had to fight back against. My own father was always threatening to hit me or "punch your teeth out if you talk to me with that attitude". I didn't intend to be disrespectful. My voice is just weird sometimes. I could have been tired or aggravated by something else. I started threating back, "If you threaten to hit me again, I'm going to report you for domestic violence." And meant it. It seemed to make him stop.

I also had a teacher who grabbed my arm out of no where and ended up leaving a bruise. I asked her to let go and she wouldn't. I tapped on her hand, that did nothing. I panicked and bit her. Not hard, just a little warning nip. But still, I shouldn't have had to resort to that in the first place. I kinda regret not biting her harder and making her bleed and leaving a scar. Give her a little something to remember me by. And also as a warning for the other kids.

i don't blame you for it.you did what you had to do,because these are the kinds of self-defense situations that people with any form of autism need to be preparing for however they can,as well as social situations for those who they end up somehow socially interesting,using whatever that interests them in life to do it.

Last edited:
I wish there was a hug emoticon on here.
No one should have to go through that.
My mum used to take her temper out on brushing our long hair. There were 3 of us girls with long hair. Dad nicked all the fags so she had nothing to smoke when she got up.
She used to slap our faces, Dad was really scary too.
School was a joke, well it was because I didnt stick up for myself. Whenever I did, the person who picked on me stopped. I was scared of most of them, not only physically, some of them were not physically threatening but were psychologically bullying.

Hugs to you too. <3

New Threads

Top Bottom