• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bullying

Very interesting thread.

Bullying is usually a social thing: he’s not hungry, he wants your lunch money as a social status marker. While I was permanently scarred by bullying as a child, I still managed to develop a useful strategy others might consider.

You guys trying to discern between teasing and bullying is interesting but misses the point, IMNTHO. Bullying is about intent. Whether you’re using words or fists, bullying is about thievery in the world of social standing. If the intent is to defraud another of standing in order to bolster your own, it is bullying. Useless to attempt to define it as particular actions or behaviors. Using force to steal someone’s goods or social standing is thievery. Words can be forceful.

Anyway, never one for physical violence, I had a plan. Steal back the status.

When in the service I was mostly nonverbal; few ever heard me speak. My combat-tested idiot of a sergeant once told me publicly, ‘You a dud; evvuhbuddy know you a dud.’ To which I boldly replied, ‘And you uh inglish major, Sergeant Scott. Evvuhbuddy know you uh inglish major.’ The jaws of his toadies hit the ground in unison, to hear me speak. Then, the brutish moron was laughed to scorn by those he had hoped to impress. It angered the moron, but it did wonders in terms of stifling the regular public slights that were inspired in the other morons by such behavior from the moron in charge. Ultimately, the senior moron caught me laying down on the job and yelled at me all the way to the captain’s office. That’s a jailable offense in the service, and he let me know on that walk that he intended to see me in a jail cell. That would teach me to smart talk in front of his toadies.

When I got to the captain’s desk, I confessed that I was very shaken and scared by the sergeant’s repeated threats to throw me in jail, and doubly mortified because so many people heard this dressing down on the walk over (witnesses). I never heard another word about my dereliction of duty. You see, the UCMJ makes it a crime for an NCO to threaten an enlisted man with imprisonment. Sergeant Scott quit meeting eyes with me and I made it safely to discharge.

As messed up as I am, I can still see that bullies are about the weakest people on the playground of life. Rarely the brightest sorts, and easy to best if you have the nerve.

In fifth grade we all suffered under a very large physical bully in the sixth grade. At his father’s suggestion, the shortest guy in our class waded in on him and socked him twice in his big belly, which shocked the bully then made him refund his lunch on the playground. Partially digested food on your sneakers counteracts any social benefit from looking tough. Young Jerry grew up to be a great school athlete and the bully grew up to be a burnt out speed addict. I disagree with anyone who summarily rejects giving a bully a little ‘physical education.’ Neville Chamberlain was probably a very nice guy, but…

Nevertheless, I have always personally chosen to hang back as long as I can bear but, if pushed, seek an opportunity to socially kneecap the jerk. I never had respect for passive aggressive behavior, so I think of it as gorilla warfare. Chronic bullies deserve whatever comes to them, but humiliation is their just dessert.

Very interesting thread.

Bullying is usually a social thing: he’s not hungry, he wants your lunch money as a social status marker. While I was permanently scarred by bullying as a child, I still managed to develop a useful strategy others might consider.

You guys trying to discern between teasing and bullying is interesting but misses the point, IMNTHO. Bullying is about intent. Whether you’re using words or fists, bullying is about thievery in the world of social standing. If the intent is to defraud another of standing in order to bolster your own, it is bullying. Useless to attempt to define it as particular actions or behaviors. Using force to steal someone’s goods or social standing is thievery. Words can be forceful.

Anyway, never one for physical violence, I had a plan. Steal back the status.

When in the service I was mostly nonverbal; few ever heard me speak. My combat-tested idiot of a sergeant once told me publicly, ‘You a dud; evvuhbuddy know you a dud.’ To which I boldly replied, ‘And you uh inglish major, Sergeant Scott. Evvuhbuddy know you uh inglish major.’ The jaws of his toadies hit the ground in unison, to hear me speak. Then, the brutish moron was laughed to scorn by those he had hoped to impress. It angered the moron, but it did wonders in terms of stifling the regular public slights that were inspired in the other morons by such behavior from the moron in charge. Ultimately, the senior moron caught me laying down on the job and yelled at me all the way to the captain’s office. That’s a jailable offense in the service, and he let me know on that walk that he intended to see me in a jail cell. That would teach me to smart talk in front of his toadies.

When I got to the captain’s desk, I confessed that I was very shaken and scared by the sergeant’s repeated threats to throw me in jail, and doubly mortified because so many people heard this dressing down on the walk over (witnesses). I never heard another word about my dereliction of duty. You see, the UCMJ makes it a crime for an NCO to threaten an enlisted man with imprisonment. Sergeant Scott quit meeting eyes with me and I made it safely to discharge.

As messed up as I am, I can still see that bullies are about the weakest people on the playground of life. Rarely the brightest sorts, and easy to best if you have the nerve.

In fifth grade we all suffered under a very large physical bully in the sixth grade. At his father’s suggestion, the shortest guy in our class waded in on him and socked him twice in his big belly, which shocked the bully then made him refund his lunch on the playground. Partially digested food on your sneakers counteracts any social benefit from looking tough. Young Jerry grew up to be a great school athlete and the bully grew up to be a burnt out speed addict. I disagree with anyone who summarily rejects giving a bully a little ‘physical education.’ Neville Chamberlain was probably a very nice guy, but…

Nevertheless, I have always personally chosen to hang back as long as I can bear but, if pushed, seek an opportunity to socially kneecap the jerk. I never had respect for passive aggressive behavior, so I think of it as gorilla warfare. Chronic bullies deserve whatever comes to them, but humiliation is their just dessert.
You dealt with the injustice well.

My ex fiancee faced horrible treatment in the US army as well, I was under the impression they abide by the psychopathic saying "must break them in order to build them" which I have in actuality read is the method. They also strip them of their unique self and creativity as they must be tools of war and follow orders which is not necessary for success especially when not training animals.

IMO the rules are outdated and cruel for no good reason and the experiments the Army has been doing on their soldiers unawarely make it really the last job somebody wants to enroll into. There is not much freedom as you must bring your family to the army, too.

At the end she said she will not try again and that they are a bunch of cruel bullies.

I still don't know why you have to be so physically fit to work on the computer since you have vehicles, guards. Guess there'd be too many soldiers to pay otherwise.

Mental breaking is the last thing I'd want anyone to get through, it can wipe away someone's memories in some cases.

Last edited:
Firstly, online trolls run away from me, presumable because they realise they have met their match and can't hook me emotionally. ;)

Bullies and trolls embrace their base primitive impulses.
To use the Triune Theory, they are more influenced by their "Reptilian Brain" rather than their prefrontal cortex (the rational part of the brain).
This is often due to the age of the person because the "thinking part of the brain" develops/matures at a later stage than the more "unevolved" instinctual component.
(The male brain generally matures at age 25.)

In older ppl, there may be some psychopathology involved that restricts actions involving integrity and fair-mindedness. (Think in terms of narcissism, sociopathy and psychopathy.)

Blame the evolutionary process.
I do. :cool:
Having an interest in debates and having spoken with reasonably intellectual creative people, the bully arguments are just so they are, they're boring after a while, dismantling the same fallacy of child grade-level and arguing the point, I have better things to do. Nevertheless this comes from someone who rarely ever gets bored, it's impressive even to me.

I bet they think they're making a good case against others but the people who believe them are few and far-between, not very knowledgeable. It's laughable, and only corrupt systems will support such things, of which is usually documented from others' experiences as well.

When you see how their intimidation tactic is a product of their mind, it quickly becomes useless due to how it only works for the ones who believe it. I'm not sure they themselves believe it, if they're smart, but they try.

Like the repairs I do, they need to pay me so that I'll fix what they've got screwed. No attention goes for free. Then, they can smoke all they want. :mask:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom