• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Brief down time (05/05/2022)

Satal

Be the change you want to see
Staff member
Admin
V.I.P Member
Hi all,

Just to give you a heads up, AF will be down for a brief time later today (05/05/2022). This is to allow us to move the site to a new server.

This should hopefully be less than an hour, starting from approximately 16:00 ET.

Satal :)

9pm in the UK would be 4pm here, I believe (East Coast, USA and Canada- EST) if this information helps :)

We don't use 24 hour clock style
where I live.
Sorry @tree, I hadn't thought of that.
I got myself all worried about how to put the date before I realised it was 05/05 so luckily didn't matter this time. I tend to over think these things :oops:

That being said, I'll make sure to use AM/PM going forwards :)

word-yay-sign-splash-paint-colorful-letters-yay-word-splash-paint-letters-181952289.jpg

Thank you.
Big round of virtual applause, not sure if you can hear it because this provokes the question if nobody is in the forest, do the trees still make a noise if they fall?;)

Virtual noise? Oh dear l am off track again.

Think this may be a possible bug...
When I log into the site, and I am idle for a few minutes, and click off of a thread to go back to the homepage, I get logged back out and have to log in again. This has never happened before!
On PC, not mobile, for clarification.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Just wanted to let you guys (mods and admins) know in case this is a glitch in the new server.
- Luca

Win 10 PC
When I try to log into the admin area I get in but then get this after I try to use some features:
failed.JPG

:

Think this may be a possible bug...
When I log into the site, and I am idle for a few minutes, and click off of a thread to go back to the homepage, I get logged back out and have to log in again. This has never happened before!
On PC, not mobile, for clarification.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Just wanted to let you guys (mods and admins) know in case this is a glitch in the new server.
- Luca
Is this still happening to you? I've been idle for ~6hrs and still logged in but not sure if I'm doing something different.

Win 10 PC
When I try to log into the admin area I get in but then get this after I try to use some features:
View attachment 78730
:
Will look into this

I had a similar experience last night while on Firefox for Windows. I logged in, and everything seemed fine until I happened to hit the browser's refresh button, which instantly logged me out. Took a while to realize what was happening. Yeah, I cannot recall this ever happening here either.

However I chose not to mention it just yet, given that browser had recently been automatically updated to version 100.0, so I wasn't sure migrating the forum to a new server was the culprit.

I'm on Linux at the moment, but the Linux Mint 20.3 version of Firefox is not quite the same. I just hit the refresh button without getting logged out. Though it sounds like whatever it was has been fixed at the server level...so it's all good. I guess the acid-test will be to go back on Windows and see this problem still persists.

Last edited:
I had a similar experience last night while on Firefox for Windows. I logged in, and everything seemed fine until I happened to hit the browser's refresh button, which instantly logged me out. Took a while to realize what was happening. Yeah, I cannot recall this ever happening here either.

However I chose not to mention it just yet, given that browser had recently been automatically updated to version 100.0, so I wasn't sure migrating the forum to a new server was the culprit.

I'm on Linux at the moment, but the Linux Mint 20.3 version of Firefox is not quite the same. I just hit the refresh button without getting logged out. Though it sounds like whatever it was has been fixed at the server level...so it's all good. I guess the acid-test will be to go back on Windows and see this problem still persists.
Let me know if you do see this again on Windows. I get the feeling that it may have been a brief blip due to the DNS switching over to the new server but I'm not certain.
The issue that @Nitro and I were having was due to certain additional security precautions on the admin areas, which @Brent has resolved

Let me know if you do see this again on Windows. I get the feeling that it may have been a brief blip due to the DNS switching over to the new server but I'm not certain.
The issue that @Nitro and I were having was due to certain additional security precautions on the admin areas, which @Brent has resolved

On Windows now...hit the refresh three times and I'm still logged on. Lookin' good. :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom