• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Boss cares more about the happiness of my students then my sanity....

AspiePie

The students in the special needs art program I work at make tons of noise and when I try to calm them down.... she get mad and says I am taking away there freedom...I can't concentrate with the noise!

Unfortunately, that is the result of the service-oriented society we live in. You are seen as a customer service provider instead of a teacher just like I'm a customer service provider instead of professional driver. Society has lost the fact that the customer is not always right and the customer should not have that attitude of entitlement.

My boss cares more about the happiness of the customers more than me. I guess one way of thinking about this is that it is just business, not personal?

My boss cares more about the happiness of the customers more than me. I guess one way of thinking about this is that it is just business, not personal?

Any business owner should put the happiness of his customers first and for most. Happy customers are repeat customers. However, employees should be a close second. The business philosophy that I believe in is this." A companies employees can ether make them or break them. Which way it goes depends on how they are treated. "

Do you also work for a publicly traded corporation?

I've lost two careers due exclusively to the whims of shareholders. Under the circumstances they didn't seem to have any regard for either the employees or their customers. At times business can be an unrelenting, mercenary process. :eek:

*Trust No One*

No, I work for a medium-sized, family-owned bus company. As far as employers go, they aren't bad. I've had far worse.

Short of changing the environment you could try using earplugs. I'm not sure if you would still be able to communicate with your students, but it would at least cut down on the noise. When I was experiencing my sensory overload issues I found they helped.

New Threads

Top Bottom