• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Books You Want to Read

IContainMultitudes

V.I.P Member
What are some books that you haven't read but want to (whether they're currently available or not)?

My current list would probably be mostly fantasy books by people like Jack Vance, Michael Moorcock, Fritz Leiber, etc. that I haven't read yet. Also The Three Musketeers and The Count of Monte Cristo because of their connections to various things, including a novel called The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte as well as The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester, which is supposed to be kind of a sci-fi version of The Count of Monte Cristo (I have an audio version of the first one that I got for a dollar from Audible and a Penguin Classics copy of the second one translated by Robin Buss, which everyone says is the one to read). There's also a non-fiction book called The Black Count about Alexandre Dumas's father, a mixed-race officer in the French army during the Napoleonic wars, that I've been interested in for a while.

This is something I was reading about today that interests me, it's not even available in English yet, but probably will be before too long:

Une Bible - The Bible Rewritten as a Novel | Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities

Here's a video with some of the artwork in it (those of you who understand French will probably get more out of it though):

Last edited:
I have been meaning to read all the James Bond novels that Ian Fleming himself wrote; I have collected paperback editions published between 1960 and 1975 as I had found a few in a shed at home from that time.
I am prone to forget, so remind me again some time soon yeah LOL

• All the Ira Levin books that I have not yet read.
  • Far From the Tree by Andrew Solomon.
  • Mathematics: Its Content, Methods and Meanings by Aleksandrov and Kolmogorov
  • All the books written by Yasunari Kawabata (I just started reading one of his books that I've had on the bookshelf in my old bedroom for years. It's amazing. I want to read all his work.)

I just downloaded a bunch of the original Elsie Dinsmore books to my Kindle. I read the revised versions as a teen, but the originals are better and I'd only managed to get my hands on one before. (They were written in the 1800s, then redone and published again a while back. The new ones are oversimplified and consolidated from dozens of books down to 8, so a lot is lost.) I can't wait to start reading them. I downloaded a few classics to work on, too. I'm a huge fan of classic literature, so I'm loving having easy access to it on Kindle.

I've still yet to read Dragon Age Asunder on my Kindle Fire. I've only read 4% of it atm and it has over 10 chapters. I should get around to reading it more sometime. I'm sort of interested in other Dragon Age books too which I don't have yet.

New Threads

Top Bottom