• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Black-Out tents for Grown Ups or....Ideas?

Wolfmother

Hi, Good Morning all! I was wondering about anyone's experiences with black out tents like Sensahut or hand made versions, particularly for grown ups. I am pretty small-5'4" and just over a hundred lbs, so I am wondering if I would fit in one of the kid ones. Do they even make them adult sized? I can't find them. Right now I go under the desk part of the bunk bed in my son's room, and we might build that out more with black-out fabric...I don't know---just wondering if any of you use such a space or what you have built/bought that has worked for you. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Reminds me of looking for light, but black fabric long enough to span my bedroom window and use pushpins to hold it in place each night. Daylight savings time is always bad for me as the sun comes up earlier just when I begin to adjust to the earlier darkness. I'm just thinking I might get as much as an hour's more sleep if I blacked out my window each night.

Reminds me of looking for light, but black fabric long enough to span my bedroom window and use pushpins to hold it in place each night. Daylight savings time is always bad for me as the sun comes up earlier just when I begin to adjust to the earlier darkness. I'm just thinking I might get as much as an hour's more sleep if I blacked out my window each night.

We have our bedroom windows permanently blacked out. The rest of the house is very bright, but not the bedroom. With the bedroom and bathroom doors shut, when you turn the lights out, it is dark. Just right for a afternoon nap or sleeping in.

I found this website https://www.privacypop.com/
I need one of these.
I used to set up something similar with old flexible tent poles going frome one corner of the bed to the other with a mosquito net spread over it. It was more a summer thing to keep the then gf from being bitten, although I'd sometimes put a bunch of blankets on top too when it was just me.

New Threads

Top Bottom