• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Birds...

Hard to say, egret or crane. Not sure how they look in your part of the world, here egrets are snow white.
What do you think of it being a great blue heron? I know the picture is not very clear… Just like we noted earlier, catching these lovelies on film is difficult! I am in southern New England of the United States.

Just had a look at some pictures on the net because I've never seen one, but I think that's probably a pretty good call. Great Blue Heron.

...catching these lovelies on film is difficult!
It's worse than playing golf. :)

Constantly striving to get a better shot. Did you read my mobile tripod cheat? Makes you look a bit silly but I never cared about that, it works really well.

BlueFacedHoneyEater2.jpg

What does a Drongo eat for breakfast?

Drongo.jpg

Check what he's holding in his right claw.

I have been intersted in birds for most of my life (especailly Owls), alot of our native birds are coming back to the towns and gardens now particually Tui's.

alot of our native birds are coming back to the towns and gardens now particually Tui's.

Is this from the banning of cats? I so wish we could do that here. At the moment we only have a few different councils banning them.

And for those of you in other countries - I love cats, I grew up with cats, but for environmental purposes I want cat ownership completely banned in Australia.

The increase of native birds is mostly due to forest corridors and native flowering trees being planted as well as rat and stoat control. The cats in most towns are too lazy and well fed and stay in after dark, they seem to prefer hunting mice and introduced sparrows.

My budgie, Danny. :)

RIP. :(
An old joke:

Little Johnny was digging a hole in the back yard, the neighbour stuck his head over the fence and asked "What are you up to there, Johnny?". Little Johnny looked up with tears in his eyes, "My pet budgie just died. I have to bury it.".

The neighbour said "Wow, that's pretty sad Johnny, but that's a mighty big hole for a little budgie isn't it?" and Johnny replied "Yeh, that's coz it's still inside your cat.".

These fellas tap loudly on our kitchen windows around Feb/March.
I think they see their reflection when it's sunny.

We also see grey Herons here and two sizes/types of woodpecker.

The Kingfishers are my favourite, with the amazing blue colours. (They are a small type here)

Attachments

• 20221016_121355.jpg
    20221016_121355.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 44

New Threads

Top Bottom