• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bird watching or video games?

I love being out in nature and never play video games even though I have an Xbox which was bought for the h*ll of it. I thought it was cool owning one and I still have it. Lol

I like bird watching and listening to their Tweets all day. It's like we have a better connection outside than online. :smile:

I used to bird watch but I don't get much opportunity for it now, but I enjoy watching a Hawk that lives near my workplace especially during spring when he starts showing off in the air to a female that regularly comes to the area.
As for games I mostly play survival horror (mainly The Evil Within) and First Person Shooters (e.g Doom and Prey). I am hoping some of these indie games will come my way soon especially Ad Infinitum, Visage and Ghost Theory.

When i was younger i was a birdwatching fanatic, and i would go to this park and feed chickadees (most would feed right out of my hand.) i am also an avid gamer, i own a few different consoles (wii, ps4, ds, 3ds, snes) but also like pc games.

Birds are plentiful around the house as there are woods out back and ponds. I'm always aware of the bird sounds and it's so nice to have a lot of birds around to watch. I like the large ones in particular like the eagles, falcons, hawks and owls. Also the ones that like the ponds come walking up to the back yard all the time. Egrets, Great blue herons, woodstorks, Canadian geese certain times of the year. And lots of Sandhill Cranes here.

I like playing games at Pogo. They are simple, but, I get lost in them for hours. Especially poker games.
View attachment 36772

That guy is so cute! He was in your yard?! I would be hiding somewhere in my backyard all day everyday if I had Sandhill cranes out there. The most interesting thing I've seen in my yard is a brown thrasher, though I have heard a Barred owl. Of course I live in the middle of town in the wrong part of the wrong state to expect much.

I've always loved video games, Sims and Pokemon are my favorites. I did enjoy playing those arcade games too.

I'm glad to see that so many share my interests.
I do both.

We get heaps of kookaburras, whip birds, parrots and rain forest birds in our garden, and I've been watching a pair of wedge tailed eagles soaring down the valley this week. I keep missing them with the binoculars though.

I play war and scifi shooters and some adventure games like Wicher 3. Also silly tablet games when I;m overloaded.
Queensland is in Australia right?

I bought Minecraft on Xbox One last year, couldn't really get into it to be honest. My favourite games include fighting games and first person shooters.

I do like watching birds though, human females :D before I started doing Martial Arts on Sundays, I used to sit in the Peacock Pub for the quiz and ogle the gorgeous Barmaid called Sam, she was HOT!

Does anybody else like bird watching or video games?[/QUOT
bird watching can be boring sometimes but i love video games and they help with my mild autism - aspergers and add my dad bought me the xbox one s 1tb gears of war 4 bundle for my 26th birthday from toys r us for $300 and he also bought me the walking dead a new frontier and star wars battlefront and i bought myself fallout 4. My question is does anyone else get bored with the same video game if they play it over and over again ? Im gonna buy Battlefield 1 - Call of Duty world at war 2 - Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Far Cry 5 - Red Dead Redemption 2
:)

I'm not specifically into bird watching, although I have got into that more recently I have an interest in almost all forms of wildlife. My interest in wildlife really kicked in after doing reptile surveys (specifically for smooth snakes and and lizards which are the rarest reptiles we have in the UK) for herpetological conservation trust (now Amphibian and reptile conservation trust) during these surveys I noticed there was lots of other interesting wildlife to learn and study so now I have interests from arachnids and lepidoptera, mammals, birds, pretty much anything! funny thing is i noticed a lot of wildlife groups on Facebook the majority of the photos were birds and it kind of annoyed me that so many people only focus on birds, but now I am as guilty because most of my recent wildlife photos have been birds! as for computer games, I liked playing them when i was younger but was never massively into them. I find it hard to get interested and excited by non factual entertainment.

Not really into bird-watching, but I do love video and computer games. I like the Mario series (I have recently beaten Super Mario Odyssey) and pretty much anything else Nintendo-related. I also enjoy playing flash games on Newgrounds and Kongregate (the former site I have an account on).

Video games rule, although I mainly stick to Star Wars ones, specifically the original Star Wars: Battlefront from 2004. I try to get in a few maps every day.

Nothing beats the rush of nostalgia I get whenever I play it.

New Threads

Top Bottom