• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best & Worst Sequels/Reboots/Remakes

what don't understand is my company's don't understand people communicate via social media and they will make the truth known
Sony is a perfect example they never learn

what don't understand is my company's don't understand people communicate via social media and they will make the truth known
Sony studios is a completely incompetent company that is bleeding money, they'll either go bust or be shut down my the main Sony division in Japan in no time unless they change their ways.

You just have to read the Sony leaked emails to know that it was run by an unprofessional, borderline illiterate substance abuser for years, until the leaks came out and made a laughing stock out of her and the company and she was promptly removed from her position.

I saw your avatar today it was a my little pony paint your own model kit
Star Trek, keep it going!
The Garfield movies were pretty good
(yes I know not current, I'm not really good with current)
I was going to hate on the new Jungle Book but then Christopher Walken was singing and yeah there's that.

I hated My Little Pony until the newest and John de Lancie got his touch in it (Q from Star Trek TNG )

I really don't go out of my way to watch new stuff unless it's something that's previously caught my attention...

I loved how the new(ish) Batman series had a better actual story/back story though I wouldnt put it above Tim Burton and the other two, juse different, both fitting of their Era and all pretty awesome. Batman Begins got me to get the TPB reprints of the comics. <3

Omg I just saw they remade original Monopoly with the Dog and now a Cat piece featured!

I can't do the new Alice and Wonderland Tim Burtons though the Queen of Hearts in them are dead on my main bully at work, all the way from the bad makeup, the funny shape, and super short stature! That queen is real and evil and lIves in Kentucky! Her face is exactly the same, I get such bad anxiety and can't even watch it, and I LOVE Tim Burton! <3 <3 <3

I think a better (or at the very least alternative) idea would be for movie studios to take bad movies that failed and try to make better versions of them.
For example, Drop Dead Fred was an awful movie but its premise - a girl whose childhood imaginary friend returns to her in her adult life - had a certain amount of potential. A remake could potentially explore that premise better and make a good (or at the very least improved) movie.
Eragon and the Percy Jackson movies are other examples of movies that are based on good/decent books but went wrong, so deserve better movies. The Golden Compass failed, but is going to be getting a TV series at some point in the future as I've shared here.

These might not all work, but several of them are certainly worth a look at least; better to try to remake a bad film and succeed in improving it to some degree, rather then trying to remake a good film and failing.

Shock Treatment is easily on my list of worst sequels. Nothing can hold a candle to the awesomeness of the original Rocky Horror Picture Show! And don't even get me started on the made-for-TV reboot!

Ahem... Speaking of beloved movies getting sequels & remakes, I've always loved the original The Lion King, and watching it again as an adult gave me an entirely new appreciation for everything that flew over my head when I watched it as a kid.

However, I'm really reluctant to watch The Lion King II: Simba's Pride again because I've learned that the vast majority of the entertainment I enjoyed as a kid hasn't aged very well at all. That and the direct-to-DVD Disney sequels tend to have a pretty bad reputation, so... yeah. Needless to say, I'm not really looking forward to the Jungle Book style remake that The Lion King's getting in a couple of years either.

And the Sony Ponies will still buy used toilet roll if Sony package and sell it to them.

That's how stupid they are.

Fast and Furious, 7 movies already and plans are afoot for another one, and I'm sorry but IMO as an actor Dwayne Johnson made a good wrestler.

New Threads

Top Bottom