• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Being terrified of people leaving you

So i met this girl on holiday, she is well i saw her and instantly thought she was beautiful but i didn't think i would ever see her again but like 2 days later i saw her and we were talking well we weren't our families won't. to cut a long story short i got her number, i have known her like 2 months and have been talking daily. I think she is amazing and perfect and beautiful, she has Bipolar disorder, depression and EDNOS but i don't care she is perfect despite her pain and her difficulties she has had. i am Terrified of her leaving me, finding someone better and just I am so scared she will just leave me, forget me and replace me. Also i feel useless because there isn't much i can do to help her, as i am struggling with the same as her plus i have aspergers so right now my life is like impossible. I just have no idea what to do

You're not her psychologist, so don't burden yourself with the pressure of "helping her." Be supportive, but realize that you can't fix all her problems---and vice versa.

Is there anything in particular that makes you worry about her leaving? If it's just anxiety, you need to learn to break those thought patterns.

It doesn't sound like you have any particular reason for her leaving you. It's perfectly normal to feel that fear, but don't listen to it.

As for trying to "fix her," you can't. You need to accept her with all her flaws. Every single one of us battles demons, it's just that some of ours are more insidious than others'. I speak from personal experience when I say that if she finds herself in a particularly bad spell, just listen. You don't need to offer any profound advice; just let her know that she has your ear and that you will love and support her no matter what.

It is likely that she could have another person if she chose to. I believe there is more to you than what you think and that is why you are friends. Stop questioning why and just enjoy it. Better to have one great day than to have one hundred miserable ones. At least if she leaves you will have great memories.
Also, you don't want to make her leaving you a self fulfilling prophesy.

New Threads

Top Bottom