• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bees and bee keeping!

Cuppa' Tea

I have over the last few months developed a real fascination for bees and bee keeping. I have never been afraid of them, and have always quite liked them. (Though I have been stung a few times.) It was originally born out of my ongoing Sherlock Holmes obsession (he eventually retires and keeps bees in Sussex, culminating in a book called "A Practical Handbook of Bee Culture, with Some Observations Upon the Segregation of the Queen") and then I began researching bees and became fascinated with these little guys. Then I began researching bee keeping and I hope to have my own apiary someday.

My Dad keeps bees, and I've always wanted to do the same. I've not done any research on it though, I think because I know it's unlikely to happen for some years yet.

Aren't there a species of bees that are disappearing ? :( This is actually scary as this would have drastic effects on the world's ecosystem -____-

Aren't there a species of bees that are disappearing ? :( This is actually scary as this would have drastic effects on the world's ecosystem -____-

It is terrifying that bees are in decline. I've noticed over the years that I see less and less of them. If the bees go we're screwed.

I can see how bees are an obsession as they're fascinating in the way they spread life just by carrying pollen from one flower to another :D

For a time a while back I was very intrigued with the idea of starting my own apiary. Alas, it couldn't work out for logistical reasons--I'd have no place for it unless I rented some land, which was totally out of the question.

For a time a while back I was very intrigued with the idea of starting my own apiary. Alas, it couldn't work out for logistical reasons--I'd have no place for it unless I rented some land, which was totally out of the question.

I understand that. I live in a city currently, so I wouldn't be able to do anything here unless I could rent out some land, which I can't afford. Maybe someday though.

I had a huge obsession with bees when I was a child and still have a poster on my wall with the different types. They're just plain amazing on account of the fact that they are able to construct complex social orders without the need for a ruler.

New Threads

Top Bottom