• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Beautiful fall morning to work on my garden railroad

artfull dodger

Woke up to a beautiful fall morning today. Decided to rework my passenger station as its paver stone platform was heaved up in the back. I had also picked up a box of the LGB platform sections on my last trip to the shop in Indianapolis. I removed the paver stones, installed the platform and moved the USA style covered platform to another area of the line. I still want to keep a duel Austria/USA theme to the line so I can run both styles of trains. A few areas will have a USA logging theme, others like the station and cable cars are obviously Austrian looking. Todays consist is my early LGB 2095 diesel pulling 3 early LGB coaches, 2 of the 3062's and one 3013. I used a spare set of platform sections to rework my grade crossing for the future road. Need to make up some Austrian style cross bucks from brass, my wood version fell apart on me, even with weatherproof glue. Enjoy! Mike

That has to be the ultimate in yard décor. I love it! What do you do for bad weather? Can you just take the train in and leave everything else out?

I dont keep the train itself out when I am not running it, but the whole set up is total water and weather proof, including the train. The track and buildings stay out year round! The whole set up is made by a company called LGB. Made in West Germany. I watch for used items and deals at shows, I could never afford what this stuff sells for new. I get my track at $4.00 a foot instead of the new price of almost $10 a foot. The engine I swapped my time helping the owner of the shop move an estate of trains to his shop for sale using my minivan. Got $20 in gas money and that engine(worth $160 as it was missing its box). We find little bits and pieces at model train shows and when the shop near me gets in estates to sell off. Also, the whole train is lighted so its enchanting to watch at night, buildings, streetlights all light up every night when my path lights turn on. All the trains I am running today are of Austrian prototypes. I also have an American logging train I run sometimes But I am fasinated with the trains of Europe, so thats what i mostly run. We also have a loop of this track on shelfs around the ceiling of my living room so i can run trains during the long winter months when this layout is burried under snow. Mike

I dont keep the train itself out when I am not running it, but the whole set up is total water and weather proof, including the train. The track and buildings stay out year round! The whole set up is made by a company called LGB. Made in West Germany. I watch for used items and deals at shows, I could never afford what this stuff sells for new. I get my track at $4.00 a foot instead of the new price of almost $10 a foot. The engine I swapped my time helping the owner of the shop move an estate of trains to his shop for sale using my minivan. Got $20 in gas money and that engine(worth $160 as it was missing its box). We find little bits and pieces at model train shows and when the shop near me gets in estates to sell off. Also, the whole train is lighted so its enchanting to watch at night, buildings, streetlights all light up every night when my path lights turn on. All the trains I am running today are of Austrian prototypes. I also have an American logging train I run sometimes But I am fasinated with the trains of Europe, so thats what i mostly run. We also have a loop of this track on shelfs around the ceiling of my living room so i can run trains during the long winter months when this layout is burried under snow. Mike
Very nice, that must be really cool at night. I did not know that you could get water proof equipment. Having a indoor setup really makes it a year round hobby. I also like the water feature in the outdoor layout. Now there are two people on this forum that I am envious of, you and Sportster(he has a Harley and I don't). I like my toys and you guys have nice toys.

I love your set up! Trains are so much fun. I don't know too much about model trains, but I love to look at a beautiful layout like yours. Thanks for sharing it.

That looks like a lot of fun to play on that level :)

Very nice, that must be really cool at night. I did not know that you could get water proof equipment. Having a indoor setup really makes it a year round hobby. I also like the water feature in the outdoor layout. Now there are two people on this forum that I am envious of, you and Sportster(he has a Harley and I don't). I like my toys and you guys have nice toys.
I have a 1970 OSSA 250 American Enduro and a tuned 1989 1200 cc Sportster that hit antique status this year clg114,so ya got three of us to envy now :D

I have a 1970 OSSA 250 American Enduro and a tuned 1989 1200 cc Sportster that hit antique status this year clg114,so ya got three of us to envy now :D
Right you are,Nitro. Vintage motocross and eduro bikes are one of my favorite things. As soon as I win the lottery, I'll have a whole fleet of them....and a Harley. And a big train set.

Last 2 pics for today, made a bit more progress after the first pics were taken. Laid a little stone that I was able to salvage from another area of our landscaping. Need about a garden cart load to finish the whole railway area still. Enjoy. Mike

[/URL

New Threads

Top Bottom