• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

BeamNG.drive: Vehicle Physics Done RIGHT!

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
So, the day after Christmas, I purchased a game on Steam called BeamNG.drive. It is basically a game that simulates realistic vehicle physics, crash not looking like the other. Basically, this is called soft-body physics, which allows the cars to bend and break and deform realistically upon impact. I actually have a few screenshots.
Note: Some of these vehicles were ones I got from mods, and were not put into the game by the game's developers. This is a PC game, we can do that.
20181228115754_1.jpg

20190103160255_1.jpg

20181229105512_1.jpg

20181229111334_1.jpg

As you can see, all of these vehicles have very realistic physics on them. The physics of this game is so good, that, sometimes, if I crash into a wall at too high of a speed, my early-gen Core i7 just craps itself, breaks the simulation, pauses it, and then I have to unpause it. Yeah, you need a decent CPU for this. Most the time, my CPU does NOT crap its pants.

The game is very fun, and you can probably play it for days without even scratching the surface of the game. It is in Alpha 0.15.0.1, and it still has hours of content just with the official vehicles, scenarios, maps, props, etc. It's crazy fun.

Also, I often tend to run "experiments" while in-game, which is basically just equates to flooring the fastest car possible straight into a wall or something like that. After all, if you have the opportunity to crash like that and get to see ultra-realistic physics without anybody getting hurt, then why wouldn't you? In this game, I usually DON'T drive carefully, instead, I drive like an idiot basically all the time.

Anyways, that's the game. Here is a few videos of some in-game, simulated crashes:
That looks like fun. It is oddly satisfying, too.

Attachments

• 20181229105512_1.jpg
    20181229105512_1.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 0
I bought that game some months ago (so far 103 hours played) and it's very accurate and fun to play, also a huge mod library from the official developer site and from 3rd party modders.

I bought that game some months ago (so far 103 hours played) and it's very accurate and fun to play, also a huge mod library from the official developer site and from 3rd party modders.
Yeah. It is a cool and fun game. Has an active community, too. It would be even greater with multiplayer!

New Threads

Top Bottom