• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

BBQ poll!

What do you want on the grill?

• Burgers

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Hot dogs / sausages

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Pork loin

• Lamb

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Beef steak

• Tuna

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Veggie Patties / sausages

• Vegetables

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Ribs

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Other

• Total voters
When l ate meat; we did bacon around pineapple chunks doused with teriyaki sauce. Maybe faux bacon would work. Just tried sweet onions last time.

Love Famous Dave's barbecue sauce.

When l ate meat; we did bacon around pineapple chunks doused with teriyaki sauce. Maybe faux bacon would work. Just tried sweet onions last time.

Love Famous Dave's barbecue sauce.

Yay!!!! Are you a vegan or vegetarian? I didn’t know that!

I love my Traeger wood pellet grill. I make my own rub for ribs bacause I dislike sweet sauces. I like beer can chicken, smoked meatloaf, lamb shish kebabs, marinated flank steak. Grilled Asparagus with a Wild Ramp Vinagrete is nice as is grilled peppers chilled with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Whoa! That list is missing chicken.
Exactly! A real treat in the summer is smoking a beer can chicken on the grill. I first coat the chicken with my rub before sitting it on an opened beer can on the grill. That makes a tender and juicy chicken.

Exactly! A real treat in the summer is smoking a beer can chicken on the grill. I first coat the chicken with my rub before sitting it on an opened beer can on the grill. That makes a tender and juicy chicken.

The local chicken shop does rotisserie chicken in a mesquite wood fire oven. It's so good even my non-chicken eater husband likes it! They let the chicken drip over whole baby potatoes, onions and jalapenos that are slowly roasting at the bottom of the rotisserie oven.
If we do get a house I will try the beer can method at home. Maybe just as good?

The local chicken shop does rotisserie chicken in a mesquite wood fire oven. It's so good even my non-chicken eater husband likes it! They let the chicken drip over whole baby potatoes, onions and jalapenos that are slowly roasting at the bottom of the rotisserie oven.
If we do get a house I will try the beer can method at home. Maybe just as good?
Just as good? I don't know, when the rotisserie using dry heat and mesquite is quite nice, beer can is moist heat on the inside, dry heat on the outside, and I use hicory pellets, a different bird entirely . . . both are good. The best rotisserie I've had was coffeewood roasted chicken at Pollo del Monté in San Jose, Costa Rica. Their Patacones con Guacamole were great. Patacones are plantain pancakes.

Some chicken, lamb chops, honey glazed pork chops, ribs and wors.
Just for interest here in RSA we call it “braai” does not matter if you are of English speaking, Zulu, Afrikaans…

What is Braai Culture and what does it mean for South Africans?

The ultimate guide to South African Braai

Why is braai so important to South Africa?
The braai is an essential part of South African culture, and brings family and friends together in celebration for everything from birthdays to graduations to engagements and national holidays. It’s a moment to come together to share good food and feel the love around the fire.

The word ‘braai’ is Afrikaans, originating from the Dutch word ‘braden’ which means ‘to roast’. The beauty of the braai is that it’s not specific to any one cultural group in South Africa, and it transcends the country’s turbulent past to bring the nation together.

MEATS (Duh)
Boerewors, lamb chops, T-bone steaks, chicken “flatties”, snoek, kabeljou(cob), sosaties, kebabs

CARBS
Braaibrootjies, pap( traditional African staple), tomato & onion relish, chakalaka & much more.

DRINKS
Brandy & Coke, beer, siders and beautiful RSA Wine

As much as I love Hank Hill, propane is the devil. Natural lump charcoal started in a chimney without fluid is the only way to go! Pork steaks, and chicken thighs are the best.

As much as I love Hank Hill, propane is the devil. Natural lump charcoal started in a chimney without fluid is the only way to go! Pork steaks, and chicken thighs are the best.
I learned about chimneys about 2 decades ago. Now I think people are crazy using lighter fluid. Love marinated chicken thighs. The marinade I got from The Joy of Cooking.

I learned about chimneys about 2 decades ago. Now I think people are crazy using lighter fluid. Love marinated chicken thighs. The marinade I got from The Joy of Cooking.

Yes. The chimney is the way to go. No lighter fluid taste. Yuck.

New Threads

Top Bottom