• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bats!!!

I was thinking how we were starting to monopolise another thread so thought starting a new thread for bat appreciation would be better. I have always loved bats both the microchiroptera and megachiroptera and spend as much time as I can around them.
View attachment 10715
Corv a Little Red Flying Fox - Pteropus scapulatus I was looking after last year.
View attachment 10716
A colony of Little Bentwing Bats - Miniopterus australis in a tunnel near my house.

I also love bats! Although I don't know much about them. I remember going to see a bat exhibit as a child and being one of the only girls there who really loved seeing the little guys. They're beautiful. <3

Has anyone here ever seen the bats that live under the Congress Avenue bridge in Austin, TX (the largest urban bat colony in North America)? I would highly recommend seeing them come out in the evening to bat fans. There's also a bat statue nearby.

Bat sculpture photos

mom_and_dad_with_bat_sculpture.jpg

I used to live in Austin, yes the bats flying is such an amazing experience!! I regret not going to watch it more than once while I was there.

hahaha love this

Just another thing I miss about not living in Virginia. Used to love occasionally seeing them as a kid. :cool:

I live in VA now and there are lots of small bats flying around in the sky most nights catching bugs! I need to take the time to watch them through binoculars sometime...

I'm now planning to move into a cabin at the Australian Bat Clinic where I will be back in heaven caring for many flying foxes and microbats!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom