• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bad Movies You Enjoy

Greezus

Recently, after having given producing techno a break, I picked up a VHS of an old, crappy Troma movie, Nightmare Weekend, and simply put, it was pretty uniquely awful. Ever since then, I've been collecting old B-movies on VHS. I'll sit down with a movie and take notes on it, and by the end of the viewing, I'll have like 4 pages of hand-written notes. I'm thinking about starting up a review blog. I'd even have my friend to edit it for me, and he's even more of a grammar Nazi than I am, so it could really wind up working well. I'm excited.

I just obtained this one movie, "It Came From Somewhere Else," and this thing is insane! A man eats a raw egg as if it were an apple, A Sherrif tosses an operating chainsaw to a civilian as if it were a tennis ball, the film cuts between color and black and white at random times, kung fu masters from Mars wreak havoc via walking around the town awkwardly, 2 cops 'help' a man who's been shot in the chest by tossing him into a trunk and leaving him in a field, it's GREAT! :lol:

Here's my VHS collection thus far;

Attack of the Giant Leeches-----[1959]
Attack of the Puppet People-----[1958]
The Crawling Hand--------------[1963]
The Day Time Ended------------[1980]
The Elevator--------------------[1983]
Elves---------------------------[1989]
The Galaxy Invader-------------[1985]
The Incredible Melting Man------[1977]
It Came From Somewhere Else---[1988]
Invisible Invaders---------------[1959]
Nightmare Weekend-------------[1986]
Oversexed Rugsuckers from Mars-[1989]
Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny--[1972]
Star Wars Holiday Special--------[1978]
Terrific Sex W/ Dr. Ruth----------[Who cares when this was released. Nothing like watching a middle aged German woman talk to middle-aged actors in sweater vests about their hypothetical sexual problems, am I right?]

MST3K is also always fun for the movies I obtain that wind up sucking, that show has covered everything, lol. I'll get a tape, and 2 hours later, I'll be like, "Has this been covered by MST3K? *Checks* Yep." xD

This is a highly entertaining "B-movie" that I would recommend:

Pieces (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you're an MST3K fan, you'll want to see it because it was made by the same director as the "classic" Pod People and is just as funny, if not more.

It's probably worth pointing out that the original meaning of "B-Movie" wasn't something that was "so bad it's good," but simply a lower-prestige/budget movie that was made to play as the second half of a double feature with an "A-movie." They weren't necessarily "bad" movies, and were indeed often more inventive and interesting than the "A-movies."

B movie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I go through interest phases of MST where I'll watch hardly anything else for days, then the next thing I know it's Air Crash Investigations or Locked Up Abroad, not to forget Modern Marvels. "Trilogy Of Terror" is another one of those lower prestige yet inventive and interesting movies - IMO without that movie it is doubtful we would have the "Child's Play" franchise.

Troll 2 is a must see when it comes to bad B-Movies. There's also a highly entertaining documentary about it made by the child star called Best Worst Movie.

Sharknado (2013) - Rotten Tomatoes
I hated it at first. It just seemed too ridiculous.
I watched it. I like it for the same reason that I hated it.

An ad isn't a movie, but there were many times when I stayed up a little longer because this came on.:)

Miami Connection (1987) - One of those 80's movies that slips under the radar; the film's plot being about a rock band (all of whom are black belts in Taekwondo) going up against a band of motorcycle ninjas from Miami who have tightened their grip on Florida's narcotics trade. The film got pretty bad reviews and poor box office results but has since become a cult film favourite for many.
I can't show the trailer as it contains gore so I'll settle with this song from the film's rock band, Dragon Sound:

Last edited:
Sharknado (2013) - Rotten Tomatoes
I hated it at first. It just seemed too ridiculous.
I watched it. I like it for the same reason that I hated it.

My mom loves Sharknado as a "so bad it's good" movie.

I have a weakness for Body Melt, but I will never say it's actually a good movie, because it isn't. It's more of a "junk food for the brain" kind of movie. And I will note that despite the name, only one of the nine afflicted people does any melting - which isn't to say that the rest of the movie isn't plenty gooey and gory.

Body Melt (2003)

A few of my favourites if I need to really laugh or become completely puzzled. I've seen quite a few on your list.

Dead Snow (Norwegian: Død snø) is a 2009 Norwegian comedy horror film directed by Tommy Wirkola, starring Charlotte Frogner, Stig Frode Henriksen, Vegar Hoel, Jeppe Laursen, Evy Kasseth Røsten, Jenny Skavlan, and Lasse Valdal. The film centers on a group of students surviving a zombie Nazi attack in the mountains of Norway. The premise of the film is similar to that of the draugr, a Scandinavian folkloric undead greedily protecting its (often stolen) treasures. NYAV Post has produced an English dub of this film for the home media release.

The Frozen Dead is a 1966 British science fiction horror film written, produced and directed by Herbert J. Leder and starring Dana Andrews, Anna Palk and Philip Gilbert.[1] In this film, Nazi scientist Dr. Norberg (Dana Andrews) attempts to revive a number of frozen Nazi soldiers at his English estate so that the Third Reich can arise anew 20 years after the end of World War II.[2] Norberg is unsuccessful, however, as his thawed Nazis are only zombie-like creatures, including his vicious brother, Prisoner no. 3 (Edward Fox), who attempts to strangle anyone who comes near. Norberg reduces Elsa (Kathleen Breck), the best friend of his niece Jean (Anna Palk), to a living head as part of the Nazi plot.

Rubber is a 2010 English-language French independent, satirical horror film about a tire that comes to life and kills people with its psychic powers. It was directed and written by Quentin Dupieux. The film was produced by Realitism Films. It was shown at the Cannes Film Festival in 2010, where it received positive reviews from critics.

Iron sky
Dead snow
Big money hustlas
And a lot more movies I can’t recall the name of.

The Gamera Showa Movies (but not the Sandy Frank English dubbed versions - I can only watch the MST3K versions of those).

1. Gamera the Invincible
2. Gamera vs. Barugon
3. Gamera vs. Gyaos
4. Gamera vs. Viras
5. Gamera vs. Guiron
6. Gamera vs. Jiger
7. Gamera vs. Zigra
8. Gamera: Super Monster

The worst ones for me are arguably the last two ("Gamera vs. Zigra" because the Sandy Frank dub is the only English dub I can find and the dub has the most annoying kids in the film series, while "Super Monster" is basically a glorified clipshow).
Still, if you're in the mood for some corny guys-in-suits monster action, they're a way to pass the time.

I like the two classics "so bad it's good"

Plan 9 from Outer Space.
The Room.

I watched Plan 9 after the excellent Tim Burton movie, Ed Wood.

The films of Lucio Fulci.
The films of Herschel Gordon Lewis.
The films of Ruggero Deodato.
The films produced by ToeTag Pictures.
The Guinea Pig series from Japan (made famous in the USA by Charlie Sheen)

Yeah, I like practical gore special effects.

New Threads

Top Bottom