• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic woman left traumatised after drunk men stub cigarettes out on her face

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me. The following is a sensitive subject, so reader discretion is advised)

AN AUTISTIC 20-year-old woman has been left traumatised after two drunk men stubbed cigarettes out on her face an an unprovoked late-night attack.

Chloe Helson was walking home alone after getting separated from her friends following a night out in Bexleyheath, southeast London, when she was attacked.

She was on her way back from Pure Nightclub when she was approached by two men at 2am on Saturday.

Chloe's aunt, Emma Duke, 29, said: "She was approached by two men who shouted things at her...calling her names.

"So she pretended she was meeting her boyfriend to try and make them go away but then they caught up with her.

"One of them pushed her to the ground, had hold of her and was banging her head on the pavement. Then they both put their cigarettes out on her face."

She told the Evening Standard: "It’s shocking, it’s scary and dangerous to think that, that can happen to a poor girl."

Kent police are now searching for the men.

Chloe-Helson-injuries-657312.jpg

The men stubbed cigarettes out on Chloe's face

One is described as black with black hair, while the other is white with ginger hair.

A spokesman from Kent Police who are investigating said: "A report of an assault has been made in an area around the border of Bexleyheath and Dartford between 12.50am and 3am."

Anyone who witnessed the attack should call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

SOURCE: Autistic woman left traumatised after drunk men stub cigarettes out on her face

That's an awful story. So are cases of spiked drinks of nightclub goers on night outs. In the UK city where I live a student has urged others to boycott city nightclubs after claiming reports of spiking are not being taken seriously enough:-

Edinburgh student urges others to 'boycott clubs' after her flatmate is 'spiked
and a popular Edinburgh nightclub has been praised for its approach to spiking reports in the city:-

Busy Edinburgh nightclub praised for 'spiking' crackdown including drinks lids

I just hope of course that the police, council and night clubs ensure they do all they can to keep night club goes safe!

This ia a terrible thing to have happened to this woman. I hope she can get help so that she can recover emotionally from this event.

But I am really upset with the article writer. This womans autisim is not really part of the event. This was a random, mysogenistic, hate crime. This was a crime against a woman. That should inspire just as much symathy and disgust as the fact that this woman is autistic. Yet, the writer chose to highlight autisim in a bid to gain more sympathy. It shouldn't be needed.
These men did not attacker because she is autistic. They attacked her because she is a woman. But would anyone have even commented on the crime if the word "autistic" was not used? It makes me wonder.

That is a shocking crime. In the US, maliciously injuring and maiming someone is called 'mayhem'. That word has Anglo roots in the law so the UK surely has a similar definition. It is a felony and can - and should - result in a lengthy prison sentence.

I agree with @Suzette that the motivation most likely was due to her being a vulnerable female alone in an unsafe place late at night. It's possible that it was a sexual assault crime, too, but not publicly reported as such to protect her privacy.

I hope they catch the criminals and the young woman gets proper support to help her deal with the aftermath of being the victim of a violent crime. She is going to have PTSD. I know I would if it happened to me.

Can you elaborate please

Okay then - I'll break it down into three main areas:

01. Girls/Women Only - This could cause issues as what if guys want to do something similar?
If they tried, I'm guessing their attempts will be shut down pretty quickly as soon as people on social media learn about it - whether it's via petitions, street marches, complaints/threats to the venues/their staff who allow it, etc.
Also, when you take people who are Transsexual into the situation, will they have to bring some documentation in to prove that they're transitioned/are transitioning from male to female or will their word be enough?

02. Predators will find a way - Just because you make an event that is female only, it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be safe from guys who are willing. Just like how criminals will always try and find a way around laws, safeguards, etc. there will always be those who try and find a way to get to their "victims" - whether it's waiting until they leave (when they're at their most vulnerable if they've been drinking) or waiting for those who go outside for some fresh air/a smoke break.
Taking into account what I said about Transsexuals as well, if the venue doesn't require them to provide proof, a guy could easily walk up to the door before claiming to be "female" (threatening to cause a fuss if they're not let in) and once again, everyone inside is at risk if they're allowed through the door.

03. Women can be dangerous as well - I've had a fair few experiences in my family where my sisters have been attacked by other women; one of which involved my sisters getting attacked by a woman in our neighborhood who simply didn't like us, while another involved my sister (working in a bar) getting punched in the face repeatedly by a woman who refused to leave while the woman's friend held my sister in a full nelson to prevent her from fighting back. (When my sister later tried to get the CCTV footage to file a complaint, her boss - also a woman - claimed that the footage had been "accidentally" deleted).
Just because you're putting a bunch of women in a room together doesn't mean they'll be safe from each other; women might not have a Y Chromosome in their body, but they're still human - and humans can be downright nasty pieces of work.

If you disagree with my points of view, fair enough - this is just my take on why having Girl/Women Only events could be a double-edged sword.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom