• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic Traits in Children With and Without ADHD

Loomis

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/812690?src=wnl_edit_tpal&uac=82458FG

"Past research has shown that kids with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) often have comorbid ADHD. However, a new study suggests that the reverse may also be true.

The study of 469 children showed that significantly more of those with ADHD had ATs compared with their peers without ADHD. In addition, the group with both ADHD and ATs had significantly more psychopathologic, neuropsychological, and interpersonal deficits, as well as more emotional dysregulation.

'We showed that some children who do not fulfil the criteria for autism have a lot of similar social difficulties and interpersonal dysfunction. That might be something that's important to recognize,' principal investigator Joseph Biederman, MD, told Medscape Medical News."

Hey Loomis did they talk at all about NVLD? Because from what i researched and from what I was told when I got my evaluation done again is that a lot of kids actually have NVLD and Autism or NVLD and ADHD and that can make it look like they have Autism. Anyway Just curious.

New Threads

Top Bottom