• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic teenager becomes top model

Tarragon

V.I.P Member
Ive just found this news article, which has made me feel lots of things. Im very happy that this girl has achieved what she wants to, and I'm absolutely disgusted that her attackers got off with only a warning.

An autistic teenage girl who suffered horrific facial injuries after she was battered by a gang of nine bullies has had the last laugh ? by becoming a model.

Sophie Russell, 16, had to have re-constructive surgery on her shattered face and was off school for 10 months following a brutal attack in February last year.

The attack left Sophie with serious internal bruising, a broken nose, shattered face, post traumatic stress disorder, a scar on her top lip and jaw and hip crack.

Autistic teenager has defied the bullies who beat her up and she has gone on to achieve her dream job as a model

But remarkably, less than two years later, the teen, who has Asperger?s syndrome, has recovered to reach the finals of a national modelling competition.

If she wins she will scoop a modelling contract and will appear on the front cover of a glossy women?s magazine.

Sophie was attacked by thugs who waited for her outside her school in Louth, Lincs., in February last year.

Shockingly, the mob of four girls and five boys were let off after police only handed one of them with a caution.

But Sophie, from Market Rasen, Lincs., ?thanked? her tormentors saying the attack gave her the strength to pursue her dream of becoming a model.

Full article found here: Autistic teenager battered by gang of bullies goes on to become a top MODEL

Last edited by a moderator:
It sickens me to hear about packs of bullies who gang up on someone for no good reason, regardless of whether their victim has a disability. But Sophie isn't a victim any more, she's a survivor, and it's great to see that she found the strength to achieve her dream and show those cowards that they haven't beaten her. Good on her, I say!

New Threads

Top Bottom