• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism and Social Thoughts and Behavior

tmob88

Hi All,

My name is Tamim Mobayed and I am a 25 year old Master's student at Queen's University in Belfast, Northern Ireland. I'm currently studying for a Master's in Autism and as part of this course I am carrying out a research project and as part of this project I was hoping to recruit you to take part.

If you take part, you will be asked to answer 6 different sets of questions that all in some way relate to social behavior. One set measures how many "autistic traits" an individual has. One set measures how many socially anxious thoughts you have thought. One set measures how many socially anxious/avoidant behaviors you do. One set measures how much social support you perceive yourself to have. One set looks at how you interpret ambiguous information. And the last set looks at what your experiences in school/university/college were like.

I am hoping that this study sheds some more light on how the presence of "autistic traits" might influence a persons social life. Also, it is often said that some people with a diagnosis of autism have difficulty in interpreting ambiguous information however there actually aren't many studies that have looked into this area. Ultimately, I am hoping to see what challenges might face individuals with Autism or Asperger's in terms of their social lives in the hope of being able to address these challenges in the future.

To take part you do not need to have a diagnosis of Autism or any Autism related condition (Asperger's, High Functioning Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified and so on) or even suspect that you might have any of these. While I am hoping that most participants do, it's also important for me to have participants who are not "on the spectrum". The only condition is that for ethical purposes you have to be 18 years of age or over!

My email address is provided at the start and end of the study so please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have about the study and/or my findings.

The link to the study is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VMP9DDN

And if you want to do me an even bigger favor, if you can pass the link on to anyone who you think might be interested in taking part, I'd really appreciate that.

Thank you all so much :)

Hi All,

Just letting you know that I have finished participant recruitment.

Thank you to everyone who filled in a questionnaire! I'll post re. my results once my write up is complete. Also, all those who emailed me asking about the result will get an update on my results by email,

Thanks again!

T

New Threads

Top Bottom