• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Australian Biotech Company Wants to Treat Autism Symptoms With Cannabis

Good gods! Please do not give young people cannabis! THC appears to inhibit some brain neural network pathways in specific regions of the developing (i.e., young) brain. While giving cannabis to young autistic people is probably good for the care-givers of autistic people, one must think of the autistic person first. Cannabis use in young people is linked to cognitive deficits: this is why physicians tend to prescribe cannabis or THC to people older than around 25 years old.

I am utterly horrified that this "study," if it actually happened, was approved let alone performed.

Good gods! Please do not give young people cannabis! THC appears to inhibit some brain neural network pathways in specific regions of the developing (i.e., young) brain. While giving cannabis to young autistic people is probably good for the care-givers of autistic people, one must think of the autistic person first. Cannabis use in young people is linked to cognitive deficits: this is why physicians tend to prescribe cannabis or THC to people older than around 25 years old.

I am utterly horrified that this "study," if it actually happened, was approved let alone performed.
This is medicinal cannabis oil which doesn't contain THC.

This is medicinal cannabis oil which doesn't contain THC.
It's still a mind altering drug because otherwise it wouldn't have any effect as far as they were concerned since they're trying to use it to quote, "treat autism symptoms" and they still want to give it to autistic children who won't have a choice and some most likely won't understand what's being done to them to make an informed choice either even if it was explained to them fully which is unlikely.

They're already subduing many thousands of autistic children and also some autistic adults with dangerous and addictive mind altering drugs, they are no longer themselves, often left in a semi vegetative state because they're easier to handle, this new drug would be just taking what is already evil abuse even further. And yes their drugs are dangerous, once the doctors put my brother who is on the very low functioning part of the autistic spectrum in hospital with life threatening liver failure and severe jaundice (he was yellow), luckily after he stopped taking the drug they'd prescribed to "calm him down" he started making a full recovery and he was very lucky not to have permanent liver damage. My parents were stupid in my opinion because they accepted an apology for this shocking abuse when they should have taken them to court. On a previous occasion with another drug my brother just sat there and barely wanted to do anything, he most definitely wasn't himself and wasn't having any quality of life in that state, yet the so called "experts" kept saying what an amazing improvement it was, my parents gradually took him off the drug against all medical advice and before long they had their son back. Thankfully my parents have now learnt their lesson, but some parents are perfectly happy to have their autistic children subdued into such states and this happens all the more when autistic children and adults are put into care homes.

Autism is big business for the corrupt and powerful pharmaceutical companies and even more so is anxiety / depression which are also common co-morbid conditions along with other mental health conditions, they don't care about the damage they're doing to society including autistic people and children as long as the money continues to come flooding in, in fact if their drugs are addictive and make people worse in the long run, even better because it means they'll be taking their drugs all the more and they'll do anything to protect their evil enterprise with some of the most expensive and powerful lawyers in the world. They'd welcome another addictive mind altering drug for autistic children that many parents will be conned into using, even more money flooding in to top up their $Billions of profits already in the bank. And if you don't think many of their mind altering drugs are addictive when they say that they're not habit forming, trying stopping taking them instantly after you've been taking them for a while because you have to cut down slowly to avoid what can often be very unpleasant withdrawal which can be both psychological and physical.

Last edited:
It's still a mind altering drug because otherwise it wouldn't have any effect as far as they were concerned since they're trying to use it to quote, "treat autism symptoms" and they still want to give it to autistic children who won't have a choice and some most likely won't understand what's being done to them to make an informed choice either even if it was explained to them fully which is unlikely.

They're already subduing many thousands of autistic children and also some autistic adults with dangerous and addictive mind altering drugs, they are no longer themselves, often left in a semi vegetative state because they're easier to handle, this new drug would be just taking what is already evil abuse even further. And yes their drugs are dangerous, once the doctors put my brother who is on the very low functioning part of the autistic spectrum in hospital with life threatening liver failure and severe jaundice (he was yellow), luckily after he stopped taking the drug they'd prescribed to "calm him down" he started making a full recovery and he was very lucky not to have permanent liver damage. My parents were stupid in my opinion because they accepted an apology for this shocking abuse when they should have taken them to court. On a previous occasion with another drug my brother just sat there and barely wanted to do anything, he most definitely wasn't himself and wasn't having any quality of life in that state, yet the so called "experts" kept saying what an amazing improvement it was, my parents gradually took him off the drug against all medical advice and before long they had their son back. Thankfully my parents have now learnt their lesson, but some parents are perfectly happy to have their autistic children subdued into such states and this happens all the more when autistic children and adults are put into care homes.

Autism is big business for the corrupt and powerful pharmaceutical companies and even more so is anxiety / depression which are also common co-morbid conditions along with other mental health conditions, they don't care about the damage they're doing to society including autistic people and children as long as the money continues to come flooding in, in fact if their drugs are addictive and make people worse in the long run, even better because it means they'll be taking their drugs all the more and they'll do anything to protect their evil enterprise with some of the most expensive and powerful lawyers in the world. They'd welcome another addictive mind altering drug for autistic children that many parents will be conned into using, even more money flooding in to top up their $Billions of profits already in the bank. And if you don't think many of their mind altering drugs are addictive when they say that they're not habit forming, trying stopping taking them instantly after you've been taking them for a while because you have to cut down slowly to avoid what can often be very unpleasant withdrawal which can be both psychological and physical.
Medicinal cannabis won't be sold by big pharmaceutical companies because it's a naturally occurring substance. I would try it in a heartbeat if I could get some.

I for one fully support the use of cannabis in all it's forms in treating medical and psychological conditions, though I would wish to see further study before agreeing with the use of THC containing compounds in children. CBD oil though is safe and alleviates pain and seizures for starters, even in animals. The benefits are still unraveling, and it's a safe, natural product, unlike the chemical synthetic compounds that are regularly being pumped into children and adults alike now.

That being said, I believe repetitive behavior in Autistic people is itself a treatment, not a symptom, and shouldn't need to be treated.

LOL Cannabis helps social anxiety, that's a good one

I suppose if you torture the data enough you can make it say anything

before this push to legalize it was well known that Cannabis causes social anxiety symptoms and some paranoia

But now they want to legalize and there is a lot of money in it so there it is

As far as studies go they try to find the finding that will fund the studies in many cases, especially when there is a lot of money involved.

Holland and Barrett sell a 2.75% cbd oil as a food supplement.

The THC (psychogenic substance) has been filtered out Leaving only the CBD.

CBD oil available in refill cartridges for those Vape electronic cigarettes too.

I’m led to believe we already have receptors in our brains for this stuff (without having to take any and grow receptors for it)

I trialed the oil for a couple of weeks.
I could sleep like a baby and ate regularly
(Perhaps ‘the munchies’?)

At the time I wasn’t sleeping or much of an appetite so I only saw it as a good thing to get me through that particular phase.

I don’t use it now because I don’t feel like I need it.

I think naysayers should read this. It’s short, and informative.
https://www.autism-products.com/the-science-behind-autism-and-cannabis/

If I could afford it, I would be using it right now (I live with constant intense pain from sciatica) and I hate “pot,” “stoners”, and never enjoyed smoking or eating it. Not ever- even though I smoked it all through high school to hang with the “cool” kids (1970s). The oil is different. It is legal. It helps in so many ways! It does not show up in employment drug tests either.

I think naysayers should read this. It’s short, and informative.
https://www.autism-products.com/the-science-behind-autism-and-cannabis/

If I could afford it, I would be using it right now (I live with constant intense pain from sciatica) and I hate “pot,” “stoners”, and never enjoyed smoking or eating it. Not ever- even though I smoked it all through high school to hang with the “cool” kids (1970s). The oil is different. It is legal. It helps in so many ways! It does not show up in employment drug tests either.
The reason why there have not been enough clinical trials is because there isn't the kind of money available that big pharma has at its disposal. I believe there are a multitude of conditions that may be helped by CBD oil if only they would make it more available. Despite being legalised in Australia almost no one actually has access. Consequently many, like parents with epileptic children, are having to break the law to get it despite the often amazing benefits it offers. The wheels turn very slowly when there's not big money behind it! And then there are all the uninformed who don't seem to recognise the difference between medicinal and regular cannabis. Maybe they should call it something else!

Marijuana being illegal is a crime to me. I call meltdowns "schmeltdowns" and laugh at them when I have weed. My anxiety is usually an 8 (out of 10) but after I smoke it is a three. My beautiful children have their dad off the tenterhooks and his feet off the hot coals when he smokes a bit.

As far as kids? Sounds a bit ridiculous, but in the city I used to live in (Merida, Mexico) a 9 year old girl's life was saved, after all other medications failed, because of cbd oil. Also, there was another youngster out west who had to be fed intravenously because of loss of appetite. Finally, after a friend supplied her mom with black market CBD oil ( which she later smuggled to her daughter) her daughter now not only eats, but lives a normal life.

Marijuana being illegal is a crime to me. I call meltdowns "schmeltdowns" and laugh at them when I have weed. My anxiety is usually an 8 (out of 10) but after I smoke it is a three. My beautiful children have their dad off the tenterhooks and his feet off the hot coals when he smokes a bit.

As far as kids? Sounds a bit ridiculous, but in the city I used to live in (Merida, Mexico) a 9 year old girl's life was saved, after all other medications failed, because of cbd oil. Also, there was another youngster out west who had to be fed intravenously because of loss of appetite. Finally, after a friend supplied her mom with black market CBD oil ( which she later smuggled to her daughter) her daughter now not only eats, but lives a normal life.

CBD oil is legal in the USA. I am just curious why you called it “black market” and had to “smuggle it in.” CBD oil has all the illegal components removed.

CBD oil is legal in the USA. I am just curious why you called it “black market” and had to “smuggle it in.” CBD oil has all the illegal components removed.
Until recently CBD oil with absolutely 0 percent THC was hard to come by (for example, Mexico allows not even a hundredth of a percentile of THC in its CBD oil, and, at time of legalisation, only had one company that could meet the criteria). Also, I can't find the link (I read it on here a while back) but this article https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...-help-end-weed-prohibition-in-america-128649/ highlights the fact that often an actual THC spray was necessary in severe situations (when CBD didn't have time to work. Don't worry! That article I originally read will pop up again and I will post it on this thread! Also, CBD is viewed with varying legality in the states, though that will change because the FDA just proclaimed it safe. The DEA has stated it will follow the FDA's reccomendations, but the process will take months. On a federal level, until that happens CBD is classified the same asTHC, cocaine, or heroin. Here is a recent Forbes' article titled, 'No, CBD oil is not legal in all 50 states' https://www.forbes.com/sites/monazhang/2018/04/05/no-cbd-is-not-legal-in-all-50-states/ . Hopefully, everyone soon can get what they need and the world will be a better place.

Until recently CBD oil with absolutely 0 percent THC was hard to come by (for example, Mexico allows not even a hundredth of a percentile of THC in its CBD oil, and, at time of legalisation, only had one company that could meet the criteria). Also, I can't find the link (I read it on here a while back) but this article https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...-help-end-weed-prohibition-in-america-128649/ highlights the fact that often an actual THC spray was necessary in severe situations (when CBD didn't have time to work. Don't worry! That article I originally read will pop up again and I will post it on this thread! Also, CBD is viewed with varying legality in the states, though that will change because the FDA just proclaimed it safe. The DEA has stated it will follow the FDA's reccomendations, but the process will take months. On a federal level, until that happens CBD is classified the same asTHC, cocaine, or heroin. Here is a recent Forbes' article titled, 'No, CBD oil is not legal in all 50 states' https://www.forbes.com/sites/monazhang/2018/04/05/no-cbd-is-not-legal-in-all-50-states/ . Hopefully, everyone soon can get what they need and the world will be a better place.

Thanks for that info. I appreciate it. If I could afford it, I would be taking CBD oil for my degenerative disc disease/ 24/7 pain. I refuse to (and hate) smoking pot.

I personally have no problem for CBD oil for autistic adults who choose to take it, I just feel something that's still being studied should be used with caution in children, such as only using it in severe cases.

New Threads

Top Bottom