• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergers and Marijuana

1473796957579.jpg

You mean to tell me I'm NOT the only one????? Yes, yes, yes!!!!!
I can tell you all from personal experience that marijuana does indeed have many benefits in aiding autism and PTSD which I have. I don't have access or possess the qualifications to obtain medical aid where I live. Therefore, I don't have any pharmaceutical prescriptions. The only natural herb that's proven to relieve my migraines and chronic back pain is cannabis. I use it mildly in tea. But, I live in Texas where the authorities want to hang you for just a roach. So, the illegal factor weighs heavily on my shoulders because I am otherwise a law abiding citizen. I'm very cautious and discreet in my usage, lol, except for just now revealing my "crime" online. Pease......ssshhhh. ;)
I'm not far off in oklahoma. The only crime going on is being committed by the corrupt politicians and doctors on big pharmaceutical payroll. Don't get me wrong, some drugs they sell are very necessary for some people, it just seems doctors are looking for that kickback when they bill insurance because they make a bonus for selling their drugs. I had a tooth pulled a couple years back, they prescribed my OXY, I slid the slip back and said I don't take drugs. He looked at me like I was crazy and said it would help with the pain. It would be far more painful to be hooked on pills that will kill my liver or kidney.

I dont think i can smoke pot right now. Last time i got panic attacks from it. I think because in my depression and self rumination that has gotten very bad lately, pot intensifies this behaviour and causes panic attacks in me. Set and setting is not right at this moment. When i feel "normal" or better i like pot very much, it deepens my thoughts and i like to be alone in my thoughts when i smoke.

I dont think i can smoke pot right now. Last time i got panic attacks from it. I think because in my depression and self rumination that has gotten very bad lately, pot intensifies this behaviour and causes panic attacks in me. Set and setting is not right at this moment. When i feel "normal" or better i like pot very much, it deepens my thoughts and i like to be alone in my thoughts when i smoke.
You probably just need a different strain. There are hundreds, each with slightly different effects.

The few people that I know that partake or used to partake of the herb were extremely stupid after they hacked off a doobie. They were so dumb, I was ready to take an oak 2x4 to their heads, after they tried grabbing for my crotch.

Not much time to read through this thread thoroughly but would appreciate a reply from someone who experiences less asperger "fits" when pot is involved... Of course weed mellows most so it does make sense! Oils, vape, edibles-- what works?

i have experienced the opposite, it decreases my aspergers symptoms/tendencies and gets me to relax and be ok with change.
Would you say you experienced less "change fits" when pot is involved? Of course weed mellows most so it does make sense! Oils, vape, edibles-- what works? Thank you for your honesty

Not much time to read through this thread thoroughly but would appreciate a reply from someone who experiences less asperger "fits" when pot is involved... Of course weed mellows most so it does make sense! Oils, vape, edibles-- what works?

I smoke it sparingly, but it's like a switch is immediately flipped in my brain. My anxiety goes away, my low level 'buzzing' (for lack of a better term) is off, I don't feel so disregulated, I'm slower to frustration, and the things that seemed like a big deal aren't anymore. It's like my brain breathes a huge sigh of relief. The only thing that it worsens is my ability to understand and communicate, so that's why I only use it if my body physically feels uncomfortable and I don't have to talk to anyone. I don't like the high feeling I get, so I usually take the smallest puff I can. Being sensitive to medications of any sort, that's all it really takes.

ETA: So yes, as a result of what it does, there are fewer fits if any at all.

Last edited:
guys,i got hold of CBD oil this monday and a vaporiser,and it has helped my anxiety amazingly,and its also done more for my nerve pain than tramadol has.
if you cant get hold of cannabis for whatever reason [for me,i cant because i live in 24/hr care and have to have receipts for every purchase to cover paper trail for company auditing] then CBD oil is the next best thing and its currently legal.
you get a bottle of normal oil,i got strawberry and mixed it with about 6 or 7 drops of CBD.

Cannabis changed my life. Would be in the loony bin without it.

But be aware that indicas, or essentially any stand with higher CBD:THC ratios, can cause panic attacks. Sativas are nice though.

Some over the counter medications that work for me are 5HTP, GABA, L-Theanine, and L-Tyrosine.

blue chapel,i dont understand are you saying high CBD content can cause panic attacks? i know for me so far,CBD oil has stopped some of my panic attacks and the same goes for when ive smoked cannabis.
id honestly rather have this beautiful herb than the tons of drugs i have pumped into me.

I joined almost purely to reply to this thread. I lived in Tennessee where weed was illegal. I had a therapist that was helping me with nearly debilitating stress from a bad job, bad relationship with my ex, and general lack of motivation despite being a top talent in my field off work and being basically financially stable. She suggested I look into weed due to bring aspergers and it being the reason these simple stresses were completely shutting me down.

I moved out to Washington after I was fired from my job(very long story) and tried using weed as my therapist had suggested. I used a vape pen to try it and initially it just relaxed me fyi the point of not wanting to leave the couch, but after a few uses I became able to know the exact dose I needed to relax without being stoned out of my mind and then at that point, I found that the weed made me feel "normal" situations that used to stress me out to the point of shutting down now are easy for me. I an doing better at work than I ever imagined and I seem to work way more efficiently, having ideas come much quicker and without the stresses that came with presenting new ideas before. I have found that the longer I go using it the more I have to change varieties on a regular basis to still get the benefits, but where I an that isn't a big problem I just buy a different concentrate every time and rotate between a few regulars I really like.

There is no chance of physical addiction to weed, the only addiction you can have is a Bengal I've to the practice of smoking. I personally prefer edibles and concentrates, but I don't blame anyone for smoking bud as the flavors of it are very enjoyable.

I am 55, male. Asperger's, adhd, PTSD and tourettes. I smoke three divided doses a day. My sensory environment is a constant source of agitation and distraction. Pot filters enough out to allow me to live mindfully, and that cuts down on meltdowns. It also enables me to deal with transitions much more smoothly. Additionally, its relaxation effects allow me to interact with strangers o encounter day to day. An interesting effect is it somehow enables me to choose differentness, whether it be food, clothing or music etc. It's as if the decreased anxiety imparts a degree of open mindedness, or openness to new experiences.

It also is the best sleep medicine I have ever used.

I haven't experienced racing heart or paranoia for years. 35 year on and off again smoker, but steady since my diagnosis. For me, pot had been a really good fit.

What states that have medical let people with diagnosed ASD get it prescribed? Ohio has it, it's all messed up so nobody can use it yet but ASD is not on the list... neither is ADHD.

Finally australia has grown a brain and recognised the benefits of weed for mental health... Coming soon .. It helps me so much ...relieves my anxiety, depression, rage and OCD. Allows me to get over the stupids in this world.

Honestly I did try and blacked out. I didn't like the feeling of not knowing what my body was going to do so I quit before I got hooked on it.

Marijuana is non-habit forming, which makes it one of the safest medications to take. No one has ever died from a marijuana overdose. It does not cause cancer. It works for my anxiety better than any medication I've been on, and without the wonderful side affects some of them have. I noticed the other day that I'm able to speak in complete, coherent sentences, and carry on a conversation when it's in my system. If any of you knew me outside of AC you would understand what an amazing feat that is for me. I'll keep you posted if I notice anything else positive or negative.

New Threads

Top Bottom