• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Asmr

Finger

I don't know if any of you know about this already. Here just watch this video. It's those sounds you hear that make your head tingle. I watch it before I go to bed or if I ever have to calm down. I also think that some of these videos have helped me in the region of being able to make eye contact easier.

Tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting stuff.

So if we break down the acronym, ASMR.

Automous, Sensory, Meridian, Response.

The first thing we notice right away is the word Automony, which is basically independence, which means you shouldn't need a video.

I can attest to experiencing the tingles without the aid of a video.

So, to my understanding there are a few different groups of ASMR types, but very little is discussed when the tingles come about without the aid of external stimuli.

Personally I think looking back in history to the Chakras is a good idea as the triggers I have experienced largely correlate with the Chakra zones.

I have not and was never into the concept of Chakras until I started researching ASMR.

I realized that I didn't tell you what I think, OP.

I had watched this video months ago when I felt really mashed out, and I believe it was calming enough to bring focus back into my life.

Hope that helps. Watching it again has had little effect.

It's interesting stuff.

So if we break down the acronym, ASMR.

Automous, Sensory, Meridian, Response.

The first thing we notice right away is the word Automony, which is basically independence, which means you shouldn't need a video.

I can attest to experiencing the tingles without the aid of a video.

So, to my understanding there are a few different groups of ASMR types, but very little is discussed when the tingles come about without the aid of external stimuli.

Personally I think looking back in history to the Chakras is a good idea as the triggers I have experienced largely correlate with the Chakra zones.

I have not and was never into the concept of Chakras until I started researching ASMR.

Autonomous* means the body does it automatically in response to some stimulus, i.e. the autonomic nervous system. Some people can trigger themselves with thoughts of their trigger, I am not one of those people
I seriously dont think chakras have anything to do with it, but I'm more empirical in that way (and am also interested in ASMR research), but of course you're entitled to believe that.

New Threads

Top Bottom