• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ASD and OCD

nike007

Hello. I've been diagnosed with both of the above, and plenty of anxiety disorders. But I was wondering if anyone on here is diagnosed with both? For me, they display themselves different. OCD is intrusive thoughts and handwashing under severe stress. I use to do checking rechecking, but haven't done this in a while. I don't have anything with straightness or stuff like that (order of symmetry) which I guess is where the barrier between ASD and OCD is. Anyways, I just wondering about others? Thanks.

I have ocd and AS but only been properly fiagnosed with AS. I guess they both kinda go hand in hand though.

Never formally diagnosed with ASD, but formally diagnosed many years ago with social anxiety, OCD and chronic clinical depression.

My autism can be masked in a number of ways to a degree for limited amounts of time. However my OCD and depression follow me wherever I go.

I was diagnosed with anxiety and ocd first. Tried the meds but they did more damage than good. Was diagnosed with ASD when i was 17yrs old.

Never formally diagnosed with ASD, but formally diagnosed many years ago with social anxiety, OCD and chronic clinical depression.

My autism can be masked in a number of ways to a degree for limited amounts of time. However my OCD and depression follow me wherever I go.
I was diagnosed with chronic anxiety. Was given a mixture of different meds. Half the time i felt like a test dummy. My anxiety has definately improved in the last few years without medication. Its all to do with your diet.

I was diagnosed with chronic anxiety. Was given a mixture of different meds. Half the time i felt like a test dummy. My anxiety has definately improved in the last few years without medication. Its all to do with your diet.

I also gave up on such meds many years ago and never looked back. I don't often have the same physical symptoms I once had, but then I've always suspected that it has to do with how much I have reduced my exposure to the outside world in being self-employed. Although I struggle over diet issues, mostly because my food budget always comes first over health concerns.

I have both ASD and OCD too. My OCD is mostly thought OCD, though I used to overwash my hands. Exposure therapy really helped with my handwashing and fear of dirt.

New Threads

Top Bottom