• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anything I should know about Reddit?

Spotty01

Made a Reddit account a couple of hours back for little reason other than upvote/downvote some posts here and there that I feel deserve the respective ratings. That, and I go onto Reddit about once a day just to check out any updates on my favorite sub-reddits (another reason I created an account: to subscribe to a few of them).

I have a few post ideas in mind and thoughts of clever comments I can make, but I'm still a little leary about the reactions I may end up getting. Has anyone here ever gone onto Reddit or heard anything specific regarding it? Is there anything I should be warned against? What is the site's disposition like as a whole (if that question makes any sense)?

I don't want this whole thread to just be "you'll have to find out for yourself" like it was last time; I will find out for myself... tomorrow (or later today, rather). I'm just asking for some opinionated answers here. That's not too much to ask, is it?

Err... Reddit can be a bit iffy imo.
On one hand, there are some people on there who are perfectly respectful and mind their own business, though on the other hand there are some who are EXTREMELY immature and have some wacko opinions.
Think of it the same way as YouTube comments, although Reddit is not as overtly hostile as YouTube and is (hopefully) maintained and moderated better.
You will still find some mens' rights extremists/misogynists and PUAhate people on Reddit. Though that could be said of most sites that are essentially a free-for-all like that.
My advice: just be careful. Try not to get too comfortable with making comments that could spark an argument, and stick to the subreddits that are within your range of interests.

Reddit is the trolls' den, beware the Trump memes! :eek:

CNNBLACKMAILGIFMEME.gif

But they are pretty funny...

Reddit is the trolls' den, beware the Trump memes! :eek:

CNNBLACKMAILGIFMEME.gif

But they are pretty funny...
If there's anything I can't get enough of, it's Trump memes. And memes for just about everything else. Without my prescribed daily dose of memes, I don't think I'd even be alive.
7nTnr.png

I must admit that Trump memes do make me laugh :p I love anything that bashes or roasts Trump tbh, especially Stephen Colbert and James Corden :D

I must admit that Trump memes do make me laugh :p I love anything that bashes or roasts Trump tbh, especially Stephen Colbert and James Corden :D
Oh, how dare you disgrace the god emperor Trump! It's not as though he does it himself! *sarcasm* Got to say though, the jokes make his presidency all worth it.

Oh, how dare you disgrace the god emperor Trump! It's not as though he does it himself! *sarcasm* Got to say though, the jokes make his presidency all worth it.
Right, I can't make fun of him... or there will be hell toupee :D

It depends on the subreddit in question.
Some are great with absolutely lovely people.
Others are basically a mini version of Tumblr.

Given the fact that you watch them and check them for updates, I think you're overall the best judge of whether or not the subreddit seems accepting. Still, I imagine if you're checking back at these subreddits often, they cant be too bad. A close friend of mine goes onto one subreddit and is glad for it. They can finally talk about issues in a community about it. Imo, the good can outweigh the bad if you've yet to see any major negatives.

There's an Asperger's subreddit that I frequent. It's a very friendly community, and I've had generally positive experiences on other subreddits as well.

Don't know if anyone remembers this thread or follows it or anything, but I've been on Reddit for a few weeks now, occasionally posting threads of my own and conversing with the other users. At the time, I only frequent the following subreddits: /r/StevenUniverse, /r/CasualConversations, and /r/Autism, and thus far, I've been treated pretty well there.

While I'm sure that they're out there somewhere, I have yet to run into anybody I would define as a "troll" or a "hater" and the users I've interacted with at all seem either friendly or completely indifferent, the latter of which is better than being @$$hole. Let's hope it stays that way.

Reddit can be a bit confusing, you may get down voted for no apparent reason. People there need to be thick skinned. Interesting stuff to read though.

I go on Reddit mainly for Pokemon Go and Sailor Moon, the other stuff just confuses me. Like all things on the internet they all have their weirdos, just pick and choose which ones you like for hobbies or things that interest you.

New Threads

Top Bottom