• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone try Zicam?

Sportster

Aged to Perfection
V.I.P Member
I browsed and did some checking. Everything I found seemed to indicate that the spray is what was causing problems; I didn't find anything concerning the swabs. However, I have the impression that they've merely changed the delivery system for the product and thickened it up a bit.

So, the Zicam is going in the trash since it's not worth the risk and doesn't actually seem to be doing much for me. I think I would have been better off purchasing chicken soup, or Jewish penicillin as it's sometimes called.:D

The other stuff I'm using for the symptoms is XL-3. It was the only thing on the shelf that didn't have Doxylamine succinate, which causes me problems. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to suffer through until this passes or subject myself to some of the adverse side-effects in order to find relief. It sucks having a system that reacts to practically everything.

I remember some of the good OTC meds that actually worked back in the day. Somewhere along the line things changed and the stuff either quit working or it started to do harm. I remember my mother giving me some stuff as a kid and it was like not having a cold. It's as though they stopped using something that worked in favor of some new thing.

Last edited:
Be careful with Zinc like Zicam. Too much can damage your taste and smell buds.

I believe in Liposomal Vitamin C and Vitamin D3 with cofactor K2. Helps prevent me from getting one in the first place.

All my friends who work retail and come into contact with lots of people swear by C.

Be careful with Zinc like Zicam. Too much can damage your taste and smell buds.

At least with Zicam they aren't using the intranasal versions any more, that apparently cost some people their sense of smell, prompting the FDA to ban those particular versions. But she's right- be careful about Zicam...check out its history and you decide.

Especially since OTC meds are not what they used to be.

Gather around my rocking chair, children, and I will tell you of the days of yore, when cold medicines actually worked!

And they did. I remember taking one of those multi-symptom things, and it was almost like not having a cold.

The active ingredients is used to make meth. In the US, this meant the good stuff would be locked away and people didn't buy it.

New Threads

Top Bottom