• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone obsessed with sneakers?

stanmgk

Past year, I became obsessed with garage rock, like Nirvana. Kurt was always using dirty Converse shoes. At the school, I've seen a guy with a dirty black Chuck Taylor and, I don't know why, I just fell in love with those dirty shoes and bought a pair of Converse (It wasn't the first time I was obsessed with converse shoes) just to use them until they rip off and get extremely dirty. But then, everytime I went to the shopping mall, I used to buy a pair of chucks. Now I have 9 or 10 pairs of Converse.
I don't know why I love them, I think I just love the vintage design. Anyone have the same obsession?

For me it's a marginally small interest I suppose, but an interest nonetheless (but the same can be said about clothes, fashion and design in that field in general). However, I don't like Chuck Taylors at all. The closest thing I like based on that design were a pair Manolo Blahnik designed a few years ago.

I'm not going that far as being obsessed by owning multiple pairs of certain shoes... having a limited amount of money and having other hobbies stops such behaviour dead in it's tracks, heh. The closest thing of shoes I had in multiples at some point where Nike air max classics. But I guess you can even argue if those are sneakers or a different category (and when something is a sneaker by definition)

Where I live, there are some stores that sell it by $20-$30, they are really cheap. I like having Chucks with different colors and shapes. I'm also trying to get other models, like Jack Purcells or Star Players.. But always from Converse.

If they were around that pricerange over here, I can see why someone would own multiple pairs. Quite sure All stars (originals, not nameless knock offs) are probably over $60 a pair (and that's just the webshops; physical stores probably up that price a bit to cover for staff, lighting, rent and such).

Talking Converse, my girlfriend once had a pair of All stars she wanted. But over $100 for a pair of such sneakers seemed a bit silly no matter how limited they were (they were a pair of Gorillaz All stars)

Wow, my dad bought a pair of The Who All Stars and they were almost $70. I think Converse shoes are the only thing that are not so expensive in Brazil. PS4 here costs $1800.

A PS4 would be cheaper to buy abroad and ship to Brazil I suppose. Unless the Brazil government prohibits it.

Do you have high sales taxes in Brazil? Over here sales tax (VAT) is 21% (on pretty much anything non-food items). So a pair of sneakers that are $100 would cost $79 before the government wants a share as well

Some stores buy PS4s abroad and they ship here for half cost. Yes, we have high sales taxes, and videogames are considered gambling games, I don't know why, so they are highly taxed. Microsoft produces the Xbox One here, so it's not so expensive as PS4, it's about $1000.
I think Converses are also produced in there and exported to the rest of Latin America and to France or Canada, I'm not sure.

That's crazy expensive for an Xbox or a PS4.

I too am trainer mad, but much more into Nike's like SB's, Jordan's, Air Max and I have around 6-7 pairs at the moment which is not bad in comparison to what I used to have (like 15+) I just love the design of them and the way they look, especially Air Max 90s.

Kinda stopped buying them recently though as Nike's annoy me with there pricing, there what would be the equivalent of $180usd for a pair of shoes and there usually poorly made/painted which isn't really good enough for expensive shoes. Need a new pair of dunks soon as I've ruined the heel on mine where I drag my foot...

I only own 2 pairs of Nike, one for sports (Mach Runner) and other that looks like a Converse, but it's not so comfortable. And yeah, they are extremely expensive, that annoys me too.

I only own 2 pairs of Nike, one for sports (Mach Runner) and other that looks like a Converse, but it's not so comfortable. And yeah, they are extremely expensive, that annoys me too.

Converse are really nice but I'm very lazy and it's a lot of effort taking them on and off :p

Nirvana fan here - so I like Converses - but you missed the point.

I like Nelly too.

I like Air Force Ones. Maybe a couple of Jordans are great (oh yes, AJ3's are the definition of sleek) but when you talk about shoes to wear every day, you wear AF1's!

I needa more space to collect them, more money to buy them, and more pictures to show my love. But I'm really shy... Haha

New Threads

Top Bottom