• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone obsessed with Calvin and Hobbes?

When I was in elementary school, I got in trouble for bringing a Calvin & Hobbes book to school because it was "inappropriate" LOL
I don't remember there being anything inappropriate in it, but that was 20 years ago so I'm not sure. I just remember it being more "intelligent" humor than the stuff the other kids were reading. The Berenstein Bears, Junie B. Jones, and Captain Underpants were really popular at the time.

Two comics that are at the top of my list. Pogo and Calvin and Hobbes. I have the three volume hardcover set of Calvin and Hobbes.

When I was in elementary school, I got in trouble for bringing a Calvin & Hobbes book to school because it was "inappropriate" LOL
I don't remember there being anything inappropriate in it, but that was 20 years ago so I'm not sure. I just remember it being more "intelligent" humor than the stuff the other kids were reading. The Berenstein Bears, Junie B. Jones, and Captain Underpants were really popular at the time.
Of course, schools are very critical about NOT teaching children to question authority.

I was really chuffed when I found some T shirts with Calvin and Hobbes on them. I think they were "unofficial" for I dont think that any merchandising had been authorised

I like the series but I would not say that I’m obsessed with them. My sister was a huge fan and actually wrote to the guy who drew the comic and he wrote her back and sent a copy of a Sunday comic to her. She was happy to get it and had it taped to the outside of her door for a few years,

I have the complete hardcover set.Let's
go exploring . . .my motto.
url.png

This particular strip below wasn't done by Watterson.
Calvin wasn't drawn to be an ADHD kid, but he does have some traits.......

Attachments

• calvin_and_hobbes_on_ritalin.gif
    calvin_and_hobbes_on_ritalin.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 45
This particular strip below wasn't done by Watterson.
Calvin wasn't drawn to be an ADHD kid, but he does have some traits.......
There are two comics artists that I really like. Watterson and Walt Kelly. I am still upset that in some move back in the depths of time my Pogo collection disappeared.

New Threads

Top Bottom